Chapter 3 - The first checkup I took alone

"Your face is soaked in tears again." Mr. chuckled.

"O-oh?" I quickly wiped my tears. I was a really big crybaby.

"Let me help."

Once again, he uses a handkerchief to wipe my tears, as I stand there, hoping to stop the waterfall myself as well.

Mr. sighed. "Remember Rima, you're almost a big kid now. Don't be scared."

"I-I know." I nodded. So far, I trusted Mr. the most out of everyone I met here now. He was one of daddy's close friends, and I saw him many times when I was little. I didn't really know him much then, but now I saw more of him. He too, was a soldier, part of this organization's Military force.

A few minutes later, Dr. Grant then comes out of the room. "Ok, the checkup is ready!"

I gulped nervously, and look up at Mr.

"Go on." He pushes." Don't worry, you'll be alright."

I nodded, and enter the check-up room. Just by passing a dull pale door, I foretold the check-up room to be a silver-ish white room, matching the ceilings and tiled floors.

And I was right. Why was I not surprised. Almost every room in this mansion was either silver or grey. There were some filing cabinets in one corner of the room. And at the opposite end, a small white desk and some papers were placed, near the window. Luckily there wasn't anything disturbing like syringes, pills or even surgery tools. One or two types of plants hung on another corner.

But Professor Grant stands in the center of the room; right beside an examination chair.

"All righty!" He claps cheerfully." Please take a sit onto the check-up chair!"

I walk over, plopping myself onto the chair as told. I also look back to where I had entered, And noticed Mr. watching us, from the other side of the glassed see-through window. He returns a hopeful look to me, already knowing that I needed some encouragement. So I smiled back.

"All righty." Professor Grant says once again.

I turn back to see him reveal a clipboard, and with a pen, begin to take notes.

"Now tell me, how are you feeling?"

"Fine."

"Ok, that's good." He says, not looking up. He continued writing. "So Rima, do you feel any pain? Dizziness?....."

The examination took forever. He asked me a lot of questions, some which I couldn't even understand or answer to; like which hospital I was born in, and my health number. Honestly, how was I supposed to know all of this? I'm only 8!

At last he stops talking, and did a real physical-analyze. This, I would probably be better at.

He checked my eyes, ears, tongue and checked my heartbeat. Then, unwrapped my leg wrappings, to examine the infection.

The swelling had shrunken. He gives me some antibiotics, and rewrapped on some new bandages. Once he was done, he told me to stay put until he came back. I watched him, as he exits the room, leaving me to be alone. Looking around curiously, that's when I spotted Professor Grant through the same watch-glass, talking with Mr. As they both chat, leaned forward somewhat, hoping I'd be able to hear a glimpse of what they were saying, though obviously I couldn't.

That's when Professor Grant sees me, and motions Mr. to face another way. Great. Now I definitely wouldn't know what they're saying. Well, not that I could mouth read anyways.

I gulped nervously. What was wrong? Am I infected? Was there something wrong with my health?

After, what felt like hours, Professor Grant finally returns, this time with a small plastic object on his clipboard. He greets me, however with that same smile; that strange mysterious grin, which made me nervous.