Chapter 36 - Liar

A dramatic reaction of shock spreads from all of us.

Huh?

Professor Grant cocks an eyebrow. “What did you say?”

“I’m not Number 16...” Remember repeated, unwaveringly.

But Grant grinds his teeth. “Yes you are.

And it was back to ignorance, as Remember doesn’t reply back. This made the mad-man even more crazed.

“LIAR!” He screams, dumping Remember back to the ground hard. Professor Grant was even more outraged, as he begins to beat the already injured ghoul. His face was now red and covered in sweat, huffing madly as he continues thrashing the rejecting zombie child. Everyone around him looks worriedEven me as well-especially me.

I had to stop him. Somehow.

But just as I stepped forward, a sudden squeeze on my shoulder makes me stop. I had almost forgotten the hand Professor Amy had on me. Her grip tightens, warning me to not go any further. As my head turn to her, she shook hers in response. Yet, as much as I hated just standing here to watch Remember get tortured, I had to.

I was too exhausted to cry now. All I could do was obey her request and watch, as Professor Grant continues to throw punches and kicks at the small innocent diseased creature. Like an abusive father, who was hitting and injuring his child.

“LIAR!” He continues to scream, unable to stop hitting Remember at almost all his painful/weak points. “LIAR!”

Remember was even more injured then he was before. Tons of blood was leaking down from the cuts and scars, having bruises as well with the wounds (which he now must bare). My stomach quivers, with every beating he had to accept.

At last, I couldn’t take it anymore. And a desperate voice screams out, “STOP!”

Oddly enough, it does. The thwacking and yelling sounds had finally stopped. Professor Grant was no longer enraged. He was done. And Remember remains the same as ever. He was done for.

ButProfessor Grant was now hunched over like a gorilla, his nostrils flaring. He wasn’t finished yet.

“You son of a-“

“S-Sir,” One of the soldiers interrupts, deciding to step into the scene with less action. “W-What if he’s really not Number 16-“

“Don’t be a fool!” Professor Grant grumbled, back still facing toward the men.

As I viewed from aside, I can see a sudden smirk stretch from the corners of his mouth once more. An evil smirk.

“So, still don’t think your experiment Number 16 huh?” He chuckles inhumanly. “Well see about that.”

His hand abruptly goes into his lab coat pocket, and instantly coming back out to reveal a clear test-tube within his hand. However, within that test-tube was a yellowish liquid, fizzing with each rough movement he makes.

I then bit my lip. What was he planning to do with that?

But later, did I not know that I was going to regret asking that question.

The next move he makes was the last thing I wanted to see. Something extremely insaneinhumane and worst of all, evil.

He grabs remember by the collar again, clutching it tightly as Grant begins to tighten around his throat. Remembers eyes grew wide, as he begins to cough and gasp for air.

“NOO!” I cried, but it was no use.

With Professor Grant’s left hand still holding the hollow cylinder, his thumb then flicks the rubber-stopper off its top and leans forward.

He then tilts Remembers head up, making him face a full 90% angle, but still choking him to death.

Just when I thought he was about to strangle him to death, he does something else. It was something even more disturbing.

In a split second he shoves the test-tube onto Remembers open mouth, still having ahold of it as he begins to pour the mysterious substance down the zombie’s throat. Remember struggles to break free, but his head remains trapped under Professor Grant’s grip.

I gulped, feeling the taste of disgust fill my mouth. W-WHAT THE HELL WAS HE DOING?!

Remember the raises a leg in attempt to kick him loose. However it was too late. Now having the test-tube fully emptied, the Professor Grant flings it aside, dropping the zombie to the floor along with it.

Remember coughs and gags even twice as much, from having the strange substance being forced down his throat. Maybe even an effect caused by the chemical he drank down. But what kind of chemical was it?

This was left unknown, as I continued to watch in horror of what was happening to him. As for the evil mad-scientist (Grant), he just stood there, as if anticipating for something to happen. That made me even more nervous. What was he waiting for?

But in the end, nothing, nothing happened what-so-ever (Or what he was expecting). Remember still remains curled up in a ball, choking and gagging as if there was no tomorrow.

Yet he seemed to look even paler, as if he was sick. It was as if he was about to puke.

The web-like net still had him restrained, which made his position even more uncomforting. And he was still coughing non-stop, making me start to feel sick too. Just what was inside that chemical-like substance?

However, Professor Grant wouldn’t wait any longer. Even more disappointed as ever, this triggered him into violent-mode once more.

Looking bored, he sighs as he pulls down a sleeve. “Guess I’ll have to force it out.”

A shiver ran down my spine. Force it out?! FORCE WHAT OUT?!

The same soldier behind him says nervously, “B-But sir, are you sure that’s a good idea-“

“Say one more word, and you’ll be the one spilling your own guts out.” Grant replies, sounding horribly calm as he remains faced to the struggling ghoul.

A look of terror spreads on the man’s face, as he was forced to step back. “S-Sorry sir.”

My eyes couldn’t tear away from the sight in front of me. Spilling out guts? No way…doesn’t .It mean…

Right when I had understood, he lunges forward and grabs Remember by the collar harshly. Yet before Rem could react, Professor Grant jabs him straight in the guts with his knee. This makes him cough out more blood, but he wasn’t done. The mad-scientist wasn’t done yet.

He sends a final attack, sending another blow at the same spot using his fist this time. And the next thing that happens was just plain gross, horrifying, and worst of all, disgusting.

___________________________

Wonder what'll happen next? Vote/comment if you do! :)