Chapter 39 - Captured

To all readers that've read up to this point, I want to give you THE BIGGEST THANKS possible for continuing up to this point~! ^0^ *Bows*

Please Remember to vote + comment before the next update!

_________________________________

A faint light appears in the distance. Voices started to ring in my ears, human voices?

I shifted and turned, groaning in agony. Where am I?

That's when the talking comes to a stop. Now fully awake, around me were uniformed men, all appearing as figures through the blinding lights. I could barely move.

That's when I realized something; I was lying in the floor, hands behind by back. A man in a white lab coat hen steps forward, smiling some-what deviously in front of me. Professor Grant.

At that moment, I quickly sprawled to my feet, fully conscious now. But suddenly I was caught off guard and fell instantly back to the floors. My hands were chained back by some type of metal-No, by a heavy-ass steel handcuff?!

God, it felt like having 20 pounds of weight attached to my wrists!

I lay kneeled on the ground, unable to stand up. Two feet then steps forward in front of me. I didn't even need to look up to see who it was. It was probably without a doubt, Professor Grant himself.

"Glad you're finally awake!" He says, using that same fake cheerful tone in his voice. Bitch.

I then looked up to face him, as I tried to get up once more yet failed. The heavy chains kept pulling me down. There was no way of escaping this.

Grant also seeing me struggle then snaps his fingers and a soldier comes up from behind me. Two arms grabs my mines as I was swiftly lifted up to my feet with one pull. Though now, his hands remains on my shoulders now, from this point on.

Ignoring that, I noticed Matt was alive and beside me, though in the same state as me. A soldier places an uneasy hand on his shoulder, his hands tied back as well with the same heavy chains. Thank god.

But on the dark side; we were fully trapped now.

My eyes then draw to our surroundings (Apart from Professor Grant and his soldiers). WE were in a huge living room, which I had never seen before. Although I was able to recognize some familiar furnishings; Like the two fancy couches, placed upon a blue carpet which was faced towards a fireplace, it definitely wasn't the same from when I first meet him in his 'welcoming room'.

Though this time, the walls had a silver-like shine just like the tiled solid floors. Why...?

That's when I remembered something; this place was no longer the place I knew from my childhood. We were in a whole new room, a whole new building, and in a whole new place.

During your first escape, Professor Grant had also pre-planned it as an evacuation date, remember Rima?

I clenched my fists. Crap! How could I've forget?

"Not familiar with this room?" Grant asks (though sounding more like a statement, rather than a question). "My my, if only you had decided to stay with me, instead of trying to escape-"

"Why are we here?" Matt interrupts, voice sounding harsh.

But in response, he eyes back Matt, and reveals a small device from his pocket. On it, was just a simple red button?

Yet somehow, I had an odd feeling that that contraption was going to be a huge threat to us. And I was right.

His thumb then presses the button, which causes a sudden flash of sparks to explode upon Matt's manacles.