Chapter 16 - Trusting another?

My eyes examine the land, slowly taking small strides back to that area. An abrupt wind blew from behind, sending my hair blowing forward, and with just a blink, Remember beats me to it. Still on high alert, he was now in front of the demolished story, looking around. That's when he teleported (or how I saw it) to another demolished part of the store and there went in total killer-mode. His large clawed hands tears off a whole nearby wooden cart. And as he tosses it aside, I was already running over to him. And that is when gunshots filled the air.

I gasped as I saw Remember being sprayed at with bullets from where he'd pry off the large cart. Out came a man, looking all too familiar from a place I knew; one who was part of Grant's military force. Just like all of the others, he wore a dark brown camouflage uniform, marked with the logo; A dark green letter 'G'.

Remember is then forced to back up somewhat, though not entirely.

Looking rather more annoyed then shocked; Remember simply lunges at the man, knocking the rifle right out of his bare hands.

He gawks and tried to take out a pistol, attempting to shoot but Remember swipes the gun right off his grasp as well, along with him flying out of the store. I quickly come to another stop minutes before the man lands right in front of me, a few meters away, hurt and defeated already. Too injured to even move, he desperately looks up to me, eyes pleading for mercy: For help.

I clenched my fists, unable to tear my eyes off the terrified look on his face. What should I do?

Just as the man was about to rise, out of nowhere, a pale foot slams the soldiers face right back into the dirt. He whimpered, his whole body now trembling. But the unpitying Remember showed no mercy: Just pure hate, and hunger.

"Please....." the man whimpered, but Remember already prepares for the kill. He was going to kill him.

"STOP!!" I cried, which fortunately stops Remember short. I then gaze towards the scared fighter, and back to Remember.

"D-don't kill him."

Remember looked at me angrily. 'Why? I want to kill him.' I could see him express though his dark furious eyes. Though I might end up filling in for the guard's place, I shook my head sadly.

He hesitated, though eventually releasing the soldier. The soldier rose slowly, though pausing when he saw the zombie eyeing him.

"T-thank you, Orlume." The soldier smiled, in a trembling voice.

I flinched when he mentioned my name. But I let it pass and nodded, unable to return his smile.
"You're welcome."

"Well, I guess that....fight probably wasn't a good start for an introduction." He jokes with a laugh.

Though neither me nor Remember dared to laugh (or even if Remember even knew what laughing was anyway). For one reason, he was the enemy.

I also knew why he was here. And what he wanted.

"I know what your here for." I said in a soft voice. "But unfortunately, I won't be returning to Professor Grant."

That made him tensed. But instead of confessing as I had thought, he had a rather calm expression. 

"It doesn't matter." He said. "Besides, I no longer work for Mr. Grant anyhow."

I raised an eyebrow. No longer working for Professor Grant?

However, he changes the topic. "Allow me to introduce myself first."

He was about to reach out (supposedly expecting to shake hands) but stopped, keeping his fingers to himself due to the threatening Remember.