The Beginning of the Best Days of my Life

Riiiiinnnggg. Riiiiinnng.

The shrill sound of the hotel telephone rang, waking me from my deep sleep.

Groaning, I turned over on my side and answered it. 

"Hello?" I asked groggily.

"Hello. This is your wake up call." A cheery voice answered from the other line.

"Wake up c-" Oh shit! That woke me up.

What of I don't have enough time to get ready?! What if I slept too late? Well, that's what the call is for...

I sat up on my bed automatically. "Yeah...uh, what time is it?"

"It's 8:45. The time you scheduled, ma'am."

"I didn't schedule a wake up call..."

I started, but I glanced over to Jessica's body beside me, still sound asleep. "Oh. Nevermind. Thanks!" I hang up quickly. The woman probably thought I was a lunatic. Oh well.

I stood up on our white, fluffy bed, and jumped on Jessica. She hated it when I did that, but it was a special occasion!

"Wake up, sleepyhead!" I giggled, sitting on top of her.

"Gah-Charlotte! Why are you so giggly? Go to sleep." she rolled over on her side from under me. I stared at her in disbelief...did she really not know what today is? I got off of her and sat beside her on the bed. She'd figure it out. Let it sink in...

"Oh my gosh!" she sat up immediately. "Are we too late?! What time is it?" she got out of bed and ran to the bathroom, shutting the door.

"It's 8:45! We've got time, thanks to you and your wake up call! I yelled to her from my spot on the bed.

"Harry's coming at 10?"

"Yeah!"

I got up off my bed and went straight to my suitcase.

What should I wear? I didn't pack much...maybe Jessica did. I have to look good. I have to make a good...2nd impression.

I rummaged through my bag in search of the perfect outfit, just in case Jessica didn't have one. I came found my favorite white shorts, and a light blue shirt with a peter-pan collar. Bingo.

I immediately put on my outfit, and walked over to the mirror to examine it. Eh, I looked ok. Still a little plain, nothing special about me. It was safe to say that was my biggest insecurity. Being plain. I mean really? Who would ever fall in love with a girl who's just average? I don't want an average boy, why would anyone want an average girl?

"Don't do this to yourself." I coached to myself, "Be confident. Harry picked you for a reason." Trying to make myself feel better, I tried to take my own advice. But how could I? Why would Harry have picked me in the first place? He obviously saw something I didn't.

Jessica came out of the bathroom, perfect make up already applied. Soft pink lips, soft pink blush, and smokey eyes. Nothing too extreme, though. Just enough to make the boys fall in love with her, and ruin my chances. Ugh, why am I bringing her again?

"You look cute!" She chirped, making her way to her suitcase. "You're wearing that?"

"Planning on it. And you look amazing." I said self-consciously. True, the boys did pick me, but ther probably didn't even see Jessica. Do you know what it's like to have a best friend who's twenty-five times prettier than you? It's not fun.

"Thanks." she swatted the air like it was no big deal.

It was my turn to do my hair and makeup. I went into the bathroom, trying not to pay attention to how ordinary my face is. I applied light blush, pink lip gloss, and a touch of light pink eyeshadow. I actually did a pretty good job applying eyeliner, which I normally didn't. It was hard— I felt a strange pressure to make myself look prettier. Almost as if I had to keep Harry interested.