Be Mine, Harry Styles

The doorbell rang at 10 in the morning, forcing me to pause my Disney movie marathon and make myself get off of the comfy couch.

It was the day after I got home from Orlando, and I wanted nothing more than to have a lazy day and try to forget the world.

Sighing, I kicked my feet off of the couch and scooted my way towards the front door, bowl of popcorn in hand.

I unlocked the deadbolt and was caught by surprise when I saw my best friend on the other side of the door.

"Hey!" she beamed, inviting herself in my home and walking past me inside.

"Hey... What're you doing here?" I asked, following her inside and running a hand through my messy hair. I didn't mean to sound rude, but I was a little caught off guard to see Jessica when I wanted to just be alone.

"Oh, I'm sorry," Jessica sat down on my couch, apparently catching on to my tone. "is this a bad time?"

"Nah," I swatted the air and sat next to her on the couch. "What's up?" I asked, laying my legs on her lap.

She reached in to her back pocket, pulling out my phone. "You left this in my car."

I frown. "I did?" I guess I didn't notice, it's not like I had anyone to talk to, and I definitely wasn't going to check Twitter or anything.

I reach for the phone, setting it in my lap.

"Yeah, I was going to give it to you the next time I saw you, but I figured you might want it when I woke up this morning and saw that you had two missed calls from Harry and a text-"

"Harry called?!" I yelled a bit louder than I intended, immediately grateful that we were the only ones home. I snatched the phone off of my lap and saw that Jessica was telling the truth:

2 missed calls from Harry and a text from Niall. I grinned down at my phone as I read the name over and over. Harry called me. He didn't forget me. And of course I was glad that Niall texted, but I was a bit more involved with Harry. Niall texted me at 11:30 last night, and Harry called once at 11:46, and again at 12:02. That must've been after their show.

"I knew you'd be excited." Jessica chuckled, reaching for the popcorn that was now on the coffee table and tossing it in her mouth.

"I thought he was going to forget me." I admitted, and to my surprise, Jessica rolled her eyes. "Harry would never forget you."

"Why?"

She scrunched her eyebrows as if she was in deep thought. "He just wouldn't. He liked you way too much."

"No he didn't." I sighed, "and even if he did, he sees thousands of pretty girls every night."

Jessica put a hand on my knee, and she looked at me the way all friends should look at each other: with care in her eyes. "True, but he doesn't want them. He likes you."

I sighed a bit too dramatically as I threw my head back on the pillow. "How do you know?"

Jessica finally stood up from the couch and rolled her eyes once again. "You don't see it, do you?" she groaned, "Gah, Charlotte, you can never see what's always right in front if you."

"Harry's not in front of me! He's on tour in another state!" I snapped at her, putting my elbows on my knees and burying my head in my hands after doing so.

"You know that's not what I meant." she said softly, as I heard small footsteps walking out of the living room towards the kitchen.

"I know." I said in to my hands after she left, but I knew she couldn't hear me. "I know..."