Time for the Fun

“Charlotte. Charloottteee. Char. CHAR GET YOUR LAZY BUTT OUT OF BED.”

Jessica’s voice boomed through my head.

“Five more minutes…” I grumbled, still half asleep. Rolling over onto my side, I could barely hear her groan.

“Chaarrr. Get up. We have to make our signs so we can get to the arena.”

“Ugh. Fine.” I forced myself to get up. “I’m up.” I looked over to Jessica and saw that her hair was perfectly curled, and her makeup was flawless.

“Why do you look so nice?”

“I got up. Unlike you. You sleep like a bear. You snore like one, too.”

“Shut up!” I said as I chunked my pillow at her head.

She dodged it and laughed. “Well it’s true! Now seriously get out of bed before I kick your butt.

I stuck my tongue out at her like a 5 year old, and dragged myself on my feet. I trudged over to the wall where my phone was plugged in, to see that I had a new text from Blondie.

New message from: Blondie

My name’s Josh. :)

I smiled when I read his name. Josh. That’s cute. I quickly changed his name in my phone to “Josh”, and I went to the bathroom to fix myself up. I figured we weren’t going to do much for the beginning of the day, so I threw my hair up unto another messy bun. After all, it was only 10:15.

“So what’s the plan for today?” I asked, coming out of the bathroom.

Jessica was already on the floor with a poster board and a paper plate full of paint. “First we’re making posters and t-shirts.”

“We have to be creative.” I interrupted. She nodded in agreement.

“Then, around 4 or 5, we’re heading up to the arena with our sleeping bags to spend the night.”

I squealed, giddy at the idea of camping out for a One Direction concert. Thank God I had Jessica to do all of the planning. I never would have been able to do all of this! “This is going to be perfect!”

We spent the next 5 hours dreaming up ideas for the signs, and painting them carefully so that they looked good. We had 4 signs, 2 for her and 2 for me. They all said quirky, unoriginal things like “Save Me Tonight because you Stole My Heart”, and stuff like that. But we were proud of them. They looked pretty good to be honest, even though the sayings were corny.

Before we knew it, it was time to get ready to camp out at the arena. We made ourselves look as cute as was necessary for spending the night outside at a concert arena, and we got our junk and piled up in the car at about 4:30.