Soundtrack

Music was a huge part of Charlotte and Harry's relationship. They connected over it; they bonded over it. Time after time when harry wanted to do something for Charlotte, it involved music or song lyrics. Therefore, I thought I would make a soundtrack for their story.

1. Stole My Heart by One Direction- this was the song that the boys sang whenever they serenaded Charlotte. In a way, this song was the start of Harry and Charlotte's relationship.

2. Photograph by Nickleback- this was one of the first songs that was playing in the car on one of Harry and Charlotte's first car rides together. This song really hit home with Charlotte, and she was surprised to learn that Harry loved the song, too. It served as one of their first connections.

3. Hanging by a Moment by Lifehouse- this beautiful song was one of Charlotte's many ringtones. This song reminds me of young love. Not just love, but infatuation with a certain person. And how terrifying, yet magical it feels to be "hanging by a moment" with someone who means the world to you.

4. Beautiful Eyes by Taylor Swift- this song was the first thing that popped into Charlotte's head when he looked at her in the movie theater. Little did she know, this was the first time he looked at her with pure love in his eyes. She had no idea what would become of them; all she could see we're his beautiful, loving eyes fixed on her.

5. Never Say Never by The Fray- this song was also one of the many ringtone's used in this story. But the words are beyond significant. "You can never say never why we don't know when, time and time again- younger now then we were before."

6. Fix You by Coldplay- this song is undeniably captivating. The raw love revealed in this song is exactly what Harry had for Charlotte. He knew she was broken, and it was his mission to fix her. "Lights will guide you home and ignite your bones. And I will try to fix you."

7. Falling In by Lifehouse- I love this song. In my opinion, it's comforting. Not only does it express the rush of free falling into love, but it comforts the victim. "Every time I see your face, my heart takes off on a high-speed chase..." Love can be a scary thing. It leaves you rare and raw and naked- completely vulnerable. But this song portrays love as warm and welcoming. The way that it should be. "I would never do you wrong or let you down or lead you on. Don't look down; it's only love, baby, that we're falling in."

8. Summer Love by One Direction- when I heard this song for the first time, I immediately thought about Harry and Charlotte. The song perfectly captures how it would feel to fall in love with someone in a week, and then to have to part from them without knowing if you'll ever meet again. It's painful, but there's something sacred about knowing that, even if you never cross paths again, you belonged to each other for a summer.

9. Ours by Taylor Swift- this song represents a strong realization that Charlotte had. Without wanting to admit it, she was terrified of love. She'd been hurt so many times before that she was petrified, not wanting to let anyone in. However, she realized that just because someone else had hurt her didn't mean that Harry was going to. She realized that the love they possessed was theirs- only theirs. And no one could change it, take it away, or ruin it. "Life makes love look hard. The stakes are high, the water's rough, but this love is ours."

10. Beautiful Mess by Jason Mraz- This song perfectly described Harry and Charlotte's relationship. On one hand, it was perfect. They shared strong love laced with purity and grace. That made it beautiful. However, living on this earth, nothing is perfect. The hate that Charlotte received, Harry's constant absence, and the fact that they're both human made it a mess. All in all, they were beautiful messes.

11. Dreaming with a Broken Heart by John Mayer- "When you're dreaming with a broken heart, waking up is the hardest part." This specific line nailer Charlotte's pain whenever Harry betrayed her. She didn't know how to function anymore. Therefore, getting on with her life felt impossible.

12. Little Things by One Direction- it's no secret that Charlotte knew she wasn't perfect. However, Harry loved her for it. He didn't love her in spite of her flaws; he loved her because of her flaws. And that's the meaning behind "Little Things": loving someone whole-heartily even when they don't love themselves.

13. Where Do I Even Start? by Morgan Taylor Reid- "Where do I even start to pick it up when it's falling apart?" To me, this line perfectly puts pain into words. It's the sense of not knowing what to do or how to move on. How do you even begin to rebuild yourself when you're broken? Unfortunately for her, Charlotte finds herself asking this question time after time.

14. Yellow by Coldplay- the lyrics, The lyrics "Look at the stars; look how they shine for you," were engraved in one of the charms that Harry sent her. I think this statement really expressed how Harry felt about Charlotte. He knew that everything she did was beautiful and right, even if she couldn't see it. She was his world, and even the stars shone out for her.

15. Beautiful Disaster by Jon Mclaughlin- this song reminds me of Charlotte in every aspect. She was a broken girl- a disaster. She was bruised and broken down, but she didn't intend to stay that way. She just needed "someone to take her home." And Harry was that someone.

16. Moments by One Direction- This is a beautiful song that will always be my favorite One Direction song. It fit perfectly into Charlotte and Harry's story. She pledged to be his life, his voice, his reason to be. And she wanted to spend every last moment of his life with him. "I'll find the words to stay before you leave me today."

17. Turning Page by Sleeping at Last- In Harry's proposal speech, he mentioned that his and Charlotte's love was a turning page. A fresh start. A new beginning; a new outlook on life. And that's exactly what it was. This is my favorite love song on the planet, and it's perfect for Harry and Charlotte. "Every kiss is a cursive line; every touch is a redefining phrase. I surrender who I've been for who you are. For nothing keeps me stronger than your fragile heart. If I had only felt how it feels to be yours, well I would've known what I've been living for all along."

18. A Thousand Years Part Two by Christina Perri ft. Steve Kazee- This song is a beautiful, flawless love song- perfectly narrating a beautiful, flawed love story. The different points-of-view in this song wonderfully paints a picture of how Harry and Charlotte love each other. "The day we met, frozen I held my breath. Right from the start, I knew that I found a home for my heart...how can I love when I'm afraid to fall? But watching you stand alone, all of my doubt suddenly goes away somehow." "Time stands still- beauty in all she is. I will be brave, I will not let anything take away what's standing I front of me. Every breath, every hour has come to this."

19. Favorite Girl by the Icarus Account- this lovely song was Harry's was of proposing to Charlotte. In my opinion, this song was perfect. Not to mention that Charlotte was from Florida, and he proposed to her in Boston. That was just icing on the cake. But also, he used the same song that Charlotte had dreamed he'd sing to her. This song is the definition of sweet- much like Harry. "It's funny how love takes you by surprise, and I just didn't know what I was missing till you opened my eyes..."

20. The Scientist by Coldplay- this song always was- and forever- will be Harry and Charlotte's. He constantly quoted it to her, reminding her of his infinite love for her. And even as they grow old and tired, he will never cease to remind her..."You don't know how lovely you are...."