CHAPTER 21: Part 1

(A/N: Please read the author's note first~ Thank you! Enjoy~)

Dahyun's POV

It's 4 am in the morning and I couldn't get back to sleep. I don't know if what I was feeling was excitement or nervousness. Today is the day. The day of my Past Life Regression. The day I've been waiting for. The day I'll finally know how I lived before.

I was lying on my bed, eyes on the ceiling, mind out of nowhere, system fully awake. The silence of dawn is making my interior go round in turmoil.

Tzuyu was heavily sleeping on the bed beside mine. Good for me. I couldn't afford her bickering about how nonsensical it is to wake up early on a Saturday. Well, my regression was suppose to be on Friday last week but since a lot of things happened, catching up into schoolworks and everything, we've decided that it's better to postpone it.

And now is the day.

I got up on my knees and went to the restroom to wash my face. I observed how my light brown hair dye seems to fade already that my dark brown roots are starting to grow. The bags under my eyes are also not an exception. There have been so many deadlines this semester that's why I keep on staying up late at night. And of course, my ever so pale white skin.

After doing my routine, I went down to the kitchen only to see the lights on. I wonder who's up right now....

As I entered the kitchen, I saw a familiar back who has her front towards the fridge.

"Chaeyoung?" I called. She turned her back on me while holding a glass full of water on her right hand. Her short hair lightly messed up. She wore her black muscle tee paired with athletic shorts.

"Oh, Dahyun-ah. Why are you up so early?" She asked. I furrowed my eyebrows at her. That was suppose to be my question! Why is she up so early?

"I was suppose to ask that. Why are you up so early?"

She finished drinking her whole glass of water before saying "Homework". Observing Chaeyoung, she looks tired as well. Who wouldn't right? With the situation we're at the past few days, the word 'rest' doesn't seem to appear on our vocabulary.

"How many homeworks do you have that you stayed up late 'til 4?" I asked her giving my knowing stare.

She looked away from me and rubbed her nape, "Uh— I have like 5 homeworks"

I raised my brow once again, "Even if you have like 5 honeworks, you wouldn't have stayed so late at night Chaeyoung-ah. It is so not like you"

Chaeyoung looked at me as if she was caught red handed. She rolled her eyes, "Fine. Mina and I vid-called. I just miss her so much" She gave me a pout which made me cringe. Aigoo these two. Can't stand a day without seeing each other.

I muttered an "Oh" before getting a glass of water myself. As I passed her she asked me the same question, "I couldn't get back to sleep. Too excited" I replied nonchalantly.

Chaeyoung seems confused at first but later on she was able to catch up and realize what I was excited about. "Oh oh! Today's the day is it?"

I chuckled at her excitement and gave her a nod. I leaned my back on the counter and sighed"I don't know what to expect Chaeyoung-ah"

She patted my shoulder and assured, "Don't worry. Things will be just fine. I would want to come with you though, with all of my dreams before, I think I need to know why that happened"

I looked at her with a questioning stare, "Why not? You can come with me if you want."

She smiled at me and looked down, "I'm afraid Dahyun. What if I don't like what I see? I don't want to think about a lot of things again and besides, I'm pretty contented with what I have now"