CHAPTER 17

No one's POV

After the sleepover that happened at the Jline + Nayeon's house, everything went with their usual routine. Chaeyoung who was still avoiding Mina and still wanted to know who this Seulgi was. Mina who tries to regain her composure by focusing on her priorities. Sana and Tzuyu who always snuggles whenever they have the chance. Nayeon and Jeongyeon getting to know each other. Dahyun who practically couldn't wait 'til her Past Life Regression session. Momo who continued with her dance practices. And of course, Jihyo who always watch over her friends.

It was a very fine morning. Mina went to school together with Nayeon. They were walking together, side by side, talking about random things.

Although Nayeon sees a smiling Mina, she knows that it's not the kind of smile her friend would give when she's happy. But more of the type when she's hiding something. Of course Nayeon was bothered about this but she knows that Mina doesn't want to talk about it so she let her.

When they arrived at their school, they bid goodbyes as they have to attend different classes.

"Bye Minari! See you later at lunch!" Nayeon said as she hugged Mina.

"Bye Nayeon unnie! See you!" Mina replied, broke the hug and they parted.

Mina's POV

It's a very fine day today. Ironic how the weather always seemed to be fine whenever there are people — like me — who aren't. Anyway, it doesn't mean that if you're sad, the whole world should be sad as well right?

I miss her. I really miss her very much. She was the one who made me feel so special, so loved. She was the one who assured me that I'm safe, that she'll protect me. She's my happiness.

I just don't get it why she acted that way in front of Taemin. Like she despised him very much. Well it's not that I like that guy but it's really not in my nature to, you know, treat people based on how others judge them. I'd rather judge him based on my own perspective, not what others are saying.

I really appreciate Chaeyoung protecting me from Taemin, I really do. The way she held me tight when that guy wanted to talk to me, the salty words she blurted out. Everything.

I could say that Taemin is not the usual guy you would hang out with because you like him or what. He always has this smug look on his face that made me cringe all the time. It's not that I don't like him either, I just wanted to give him a chance. Maybe he's a good person afterall. Speaking of, I'll start tutoring him later in the afternoon. But enough thoughts for now.

When I arrived at the classroom, there weren't any people yet. So I went to sit at the back and took the time to fix my notes and wrote tips on pages that matter. I think it would be better and faster if I could give Taemin a copy of my notes so that he could review at his spare time.

The moment I finished what I was doing, people started coming making the room packed and complete for the lesson. I fixed my things and started to listen to the professor.

————

After the lessons (which lasted for hours), I put my things in my bag and headed outside. As I was walking, some voice startled me.

"Mina-ssi!" the voice called out. I turned around and saw Taemin running towards me.

"Oh, Taemin-ssi. What brings you here?" I asked him. I took a step back since he was too close.

"I just want to ask if your free?"

"Yeah. Why?" I asked.