CHAPTER 9

Jan Dae's POV

After I gave orders to my soldiers, I immediately went out of the inn and went to the cliff. I just wanted to have some fresh air.

I looked at the stars and I closed my eyes. I started to think about all the things that are happening right now. How happy I am to meet Na Ri. How I like her so much...wait. 'Like' doesn't seem like the appropriate word. I love her. I love Na Ri.

"Are you thinking about me?" someone said. I opened my eyes and turned around.

"Yah. Why are you here? You shouldn't go here alone." I said as I saw Na Ri walking towards me.

"Aniya. Your friends brought me here." Na Ri said and my soldier friends Shi Kyung, HyeMi and Chun Ja came out of their hiding place.

"Annyeong Jan Dae-ya." Chun Ja, our youngest and tallest soldier said.

"You shouldn't have brought Na Ri here. It's already dark what if something ha-"

"Yah yahyah. Don't you trust us? And besides, Na Ri almost begged for our help."HyeMi said. She then started to bend her back. I don't know how her body became so flexible.

"Anyway, we'll go already." Shi Kyung said as they waved at us and left. I turned to Na Ri.

"Why do you want to see me anyway?" I asked her.

"You haven't answered my question yet." she said as she pouted. I held her hand as I smiled at her.

"Ne. I was thinking of you. Now answer my question."

"I was thinking of you as well. I miss you already." she said. If you only knew how much I miss you too.

"Yah. It's not like we haven't seen each other yesterday." I said jokingly. But deep inside, I really feel overwhelmed. I just love this girl so much.

"But still." she said as she leaned her head on my left shoulder. I stroked her hair continuously.

"Why were you thinking of me anyway?" she asked. I was just thinking of how much I love you.

"I was just thinking of how much do I have to bear with you." I said jokingly. Na Ri removed her head from my shoulder and started slapping my shoulders.

"Yah. I'm just joking...Ouch...It was a joke...Ouch." I explained. Na Ri stopped and she leaned her head on my shoulder again. We stayed like that for awhile.

Half an hour had passed and I realized that I should be taking Na Ri back.

"Na Ri, let's go home already. It's already late."

I waited for her to answer but she didn't say anything so I looked at her. I noticed that she's already sleeping soundly. She really looks pretty. I kissed her forehead and I decided to just carry her.

I walked all the way to Na Ri's house. As I was walking, I took the chance to tell her what I feel while she's sleeping.

"I know you can't hear me so I want to say all these things to you without you knowing it. The first time that I saw you, I already fell in love with you. I feel sparks in my body everytime I touch your hand, I get lost whenever I look in your eyes and I feel calm whenever I hear your voice. I know you'll just laugh at me once you hear this but I just can't take it anymore. I know that this is wrong. Loving you is wrong. People will not accept this kind of feeling that I have towards you. Of course. I am a girl, and I like a girl. That's not normal." I felt my eyes tearing up. Hearing what I said to myself makes me want to break in pieces.