CHAPTER 20

"Please help me Chaeyoung"

--------

The rest of them were still sitting at the bench waiting for the updates of the doctor. Not long after, an old man came wearing a lab gown and a stethoscope around his neck, "Relatives of the patient" he called out.

Chaeyoung stood up and walked to the doctor, "I'm the patient's friend. Is Mina okay now? What happened to her? Can I see her?" she asked in one breath. The rest of them walked closer to the doctor as well. Jihyo pats Chaeyoung at the back making her calmer.

The doctor sighed, "The patient is only unconscious because of the too much stress and emotions that engulfed her that time. She hasn't woken up yet and she's currently in a private room now. She'll wake up soon. If she wakes up, don't make her stress since she's already exhausted making her body system weak. You can go visit her now" They bowed at the doctor and left. They all went to Mina's room and saw how peaceful the latter is.

Chaeyoung walked closer to the bed and held her right hand, "I'm sorry Minari. I'm not going to leave your side once again. I'll be here okay?" she whispered then she kissed the back of Mina's hand.

Sana, Nayeon and Momo were crying since they couldn't stand seeing Mina at the hospital again. It made them remember how depressed Mina was back then.

Jihyo broke the silence, "What if we eat and rest first?" she asked in which they agreed except for Chaeyoung who stayed by Mina's side.

Jeongyeon and Dahyun went with Jihyo to buy food, while Tzuyu volunteered to accompany Sana and Momo at their house to get some clothes for Mina. Nayeon went outside of the room to contact Mina's parents.

Chaeyoung looked at Mina guiltily, "I'm really sorry Mina. I was so selfish and childish. I let my pride take hold of me. If I stayed by your side and fulfilled my promise, you wouldn't have to experience this. I'm really sorry for not protecting you..." she stopped when tears started to fall from her eyes again, "I love you" she said while holding Mina's hand.

After a few minutes, Mina's index finger flinched which made Chaeyoung get back to her senses, "Mina..." she said.

Chaeyoung felt that Mina's grip on her hands were tighter, "Please help me Chaeyoung" she muttered continously. Chaeyoung touched Mina's hand, "Don't worry Mina. I'm here. I'm not going to leave you" she said.

Mina then opened her eyes, "Chaeyoung..." she said weakly.

"Chaeyoung...did you h-help her?" Mina continued. She was still in shock so she says anything that comes to her mind, the dream still not leaving her.

Chaeyoung had no idea what Mina was talking about. Her eyebrows furrowed in confusion as Mina's hands held her tighter.

"Chaeyoung, did you help her?" Mina asked once again. Chaeyoung didn't know what to do. Mina's not supposed to be stress, she remembered.

She caressed Mina's face, "Who are you referring to, baby?" Mina gave her a confused look, "Chaeyoung, you were there...with me. You were supposed to save the other me" Mina said that made Chaeyoung more confused, "Did you save her?" Mina asked her eyes pleading.

Chaeyoung didn't know what to say. What will she say when she don't know what Mina is talking about? But she remembered how Mina is not supposed to be stress so she gave her the most stupid answer, "Yes, I saved her. Don't worry"

Mina breathe a sigh of relief, "I'll just call the doctor okay?" Chaeyoung said. She was about to turn her back when Mina won't let go of her, "Don't leave me again please" she pleaded.

Chaeyoung's POV

"Don't leave me again please"

Mina's words hit me like a huge rock. I've hurt her so much she's afraid I'm going to leave her again. But no. I made a mistake and I won't do it again.