CHAPTER 16

No one's POV

"Ouch—" Chun Ja let out a whimper as Hye Mi held her ear.

"YA! IT HURTS—" She exclaimed and Hye Mi stopped dragging her. Chun Ja held her poor ear that was beetroot red.

"What was that for?" Chun Ja asked.

"Mianhe. I just dragged you here since Jan Dae and Na Ri needed time"

"You didn't have to pinch my ear"

"If I didn't, you wouldn't escape the daydreaming world"

"What do you mean?" Chun Ja asked innocently. Hye Mi glared at her. She was about to let out a long bicker at the youngest soldier when suddenly someone approached them.

"What are you girls doing?" The woman said as she approached them. The two girls' expression gleamed with delight as they hugged the woman.

"So Yi unnie!!!" The two girls exclaimed. So Yi hugged them back.

"What are you girls doing?" She asked once again after the hug.

"Oh we were just.....uh....we were about to guard some....important....people" Hye Mi stuttered and looked at Chun Ja for support.

"Right. Jan Dae assigned us to officially protect Na Ri's friends" The tall girl said. So Yi looked at them hesitantly but let it passed.

"You mean Ye Ji and Soon Ja?" She asked. The two girls looked intently at So Yi.

"You know them?" Hye Mi asked. So Yi nodded. She was about to explain more but she realized that she had something to do.

"I wanted to spend more time with you, but I have some errands to do. So, I'll see you around?"

"Ne~" The two exclaimed and So Yi left them. Hye Mi faced Chun Ja.

"Let us separate ways for now. I'm going to do my job" Hye Mi said earning a nod from Chun Ja.

Then they separated ways.

Chun Ja was just roaming around the palace. She took the time to check on some things before finding the girl assigned to her.

She then went to the corridor where the girl's room is positioned. The other guard was standing in front of her door. Chun Ja nodded at him and told him that Jan Dae assigned her the task. The guard bowed at her and left.

Chun Ja then positioned outside Ye Ji's room.

————

Ye Ji wanted to go to the garden for a short stroll. She grabbed her hairpin, the one that her late father left her, and clipped it on the sleeve of her robe. The hairclip is a very traditional looking clip with shining emeralds, rubies and topaz at the pin's base. It's pointed tip is painted with silver metal.

Ye Ji touched the clip. It has been some sort of lucky charm for her, as what her father had said. She sighed at the touch.

"I hope I'll meet someone that will protect me and love me, Father" She asked in a form of petition hoping that her father would hear her. She just sighed at the thought.

Ye Ji opened the door and noticed that something has changed with her guard. It seems more feminine. Ye Ji faced the guard and noticed that it wasn't someone familiar.

When Chun Ja saw Ye Ji's face, her heart started to pound faster but she didn't want to make it obvious so she maintained her stone cold expression.