Forming Friendships

~Lyric~

Sometimes I think it's ironic that my mom named me Lyric. She said it was because I came out of the womb singing, which always freaked me out. But, it was still ironic to me, because I wound up working at a record label to help pay for my college. Of course, I didn't realise just how rewarding it would be.

Girls. Everywhere.

Of course, the prettiest of them all was Ariana. I mean, she was absolutely gorgeous. But, she had a famous boyfriend and I was famous for being invisible, so nothing would ever happen between us. Just because her brother was gay doesn't mean she'd be.

Either way, I still worked in the exact studio Ari recorded in, and I still got to hear her perfect vocals every time she came in to record a new song.

I went for months without Ariana noticing me, until one day I wore my vibrant red hair in a bun on the top of my head, and I didn't watch where I was walking.

When I first walked into her on a Thursday afternoon, I wasn't sure who I'd ran into, I just started stammering apologies as I gathered my papers.

"It's okay." I froze, a few of my papers still on the ground and looked up to see Ariana in front of me. I gathered the last few papers, my face turning redder than my hair as I stammered even more apologies.

"It's fine," she giggled and I shut up immediately. Ariana helped me up before introducing herself. "I'm Ariana."

"L-Lyric," I stammered.

"Hi Lyric." She was so bubbly. I didn't understand it. I smiled weakly in return before Ari looped her arm with mine. "I don't have to record for a few hours. Wanna go get sushi with me?"

"Sure," I replied, still blushing.

That was the beginning of the worse friend zone ever.