chapter thirty-eight

tayler

I pushed a box spring against the wall. Anne lifted the mattress inside the room with a grunt, laying in on the floor next to the desk. She was taking the classroom next to mine, I had claimed the whole wing of the school for myself, but it feels like I'm ready for this. I sat on the edge of the desk, smiling like an idiot. I swung my legs and waited for Anne to say something. "What?" She asked after a long while of me sitting there.

"I just really missed you," I laughed childishly. I was enjoying having her around already.

Anne smiled and shook her head, "want me to tell you about Tayler yet?" She asked with her hands on her hips. I nodded and crossed my legs under me, resting my head on my arms. "Okay, so Merle and I got separated from Tessa after she lost the baby, we searched for months and couldn't find anything. One day, we see this smoke trail, we go to it expecting to find one of ours, but instead we see this, this, guy. He's got these girls serving on him, dressed in next to nothing."

I shivered and hopped off the desk, "maybe I don't want to know." I said.

Anne chuckled from behind me as we walked out of the room and down the hall, "no, you don't."

When we got to the gym, which now had couches and chairs, everyone was laughing and hugging, there was a bottle of alcohol being passed around.

I got the bottle and poured a glass for myself before passing it off to Anne for her to do the same. I sat next to Dean and tuned in to what Tamara was saying.

"So, it goes like this, someone says something they did and drink, if you did it too then you drink. If not, you don't. If you lie, you have to finish the bottle or R- Fox gets to shoot that Apple off your head with her bow!" She cheered.

I smiled and put my feet across Dean's lap, "And I'm a little out of practice." I added.

Everyone laughed and sat around in a circle, "I'll start!" Tessa cheered. "I have never gotten drunk." She said.

I looked around as almost no one took a drink, we all know we've gotten drunk at one point or another.

Anne laughed, "I've been beaten up by Fox over there!" She laughed, I looked around as at least five people took a drink.

I laughed, "hey y'all deserved it!" I defended, "my turn!" I said, "I've been to Canada." I laughed.

Anne shook her head as Lonnie, Tayler, Castiel, and Tessa took a drink. "You Fuckin tried that!" Lonnie laughed.

"Light weight." I snapped playfully. "Freaking Canadian." I laughed.

Everyone laughed and I ruffled Lonnie's hair, "whatever." he said as he fixed it in frustration. "Fine," he said. "I have been in love with someone in this room!" He said, taking a drink.

I widened my eyes before glaring at him, I smiled triumphantly, "then bottoms up!" I looked Lonnie straight in the eye and took a large sip. "Boom!" I said slamming my cup on his head.

Everyone ooed and laughed, I looked around at the people, this is it. This is life. "Tessa." Anne said.

"Yeah?" She said softly, topping off her glass.

"I believe Mr. Dixon the youngest has finished his glass."

+

My head was pounding. I felt so heavy on the mattress that it was like I was on My Six Hundred Pound Life. I groaned and rolled over, slamming my face into the pillow. Luckily, I didn't have to shoot the apple off someone's head last night, after I got drunk that could've gone way wrong. My door opened and I growled at the person like a vicious dog.