chapter thirty-two

zack

I smiled at the gates of the prison as they came into view while we shot down the road on the back of Daryl's bike. After I shot the deer we cleaned and skinned it, cooking up a few squirrels for our breakfast and taking turns on watch. We didn't talk about the kiss, nor did we talk about anything else. Carol opened the gates as we pulled into the yard. I crawled off the bike and wiped myself down from the dirt and dust gathered from the ground.

Carol smiled over at me and watched Daryl and I carry the corpse inside to be cooked for the others. "How was the hunt?" Carol asked Daryl sweetly.

I rolled my eyes and shifted the deer carcass on my shoulders and waited for his response, it would have something reflecting the kiss.

"Fine." he grunted. I smiled and walked a little faster to catch up to them. The weight of the deer was that of a small child, it was not hard to carry it, but a little blood slipped down my arm, making another flash back from the winter shoot through my mind.

"Anastasia." Miguel snapped. Merle and Tessa both looked up at me with weary eyes, they didn't know how I would react to the name coming from Miguel's lips.

I looked up from my place against the wall at his face as he pressed his forehead against the bars. "What?" I snapped, taking a deep breath to calm myself.

"Let me out." he begged, "me and you, we can go, get outta this place!" He coaxed.

I laughed and winced as pressure was put on my stitches, "I'm still healing from what your friend did to me." I hissed, "what you did to me." I said, I plied myself off the floor and walked slowly over to the bars, "And my name, is Reaper." I said.

Miguel reached out to grab my neck, pulling me against the bars, "little bitch!" He yelled, "you're lucky I'm stuck in here!" He yelled.

Daryl and Rick walked into the cell and ran over and pulled his hands off of my neck, "Reaper?" Daryl asked, holding my face in his hands.

"I'm fine." I said, pushing him off me and hobbling back to my cell.

I shifted the deer and started to run up the path, leaving Daryl and Carol to their small talk. I was too tired to put up with people today.

----

Merle was sitting in the main room, looking across the cell block and leaning against the railing. I leaned next to him, looking across the landing below. "You've been quiet." I said simply, hoping that he's in a good mood.

Merle chuckled lowly, "I been busy." He drew.

I smiled and nodded, "haven't we all." I said. The cell block was filling up with people again, Carol and Daryl bringing in food to everyone in the cell block.

Merle laughed, drawing attention to us, but he ignored it and placed a hand on my shoulder, "ye fuck em yet?" He asked.

I laughed and pushed his hand off me, "no, and I'm not gonna!" I laughed again.

Merle smiled, "you're like your sister." he said, looking back out across the cell block.

I smiled, watching her walk across the room and over to the baby supplies. "You fucking her yet?" I asked.

Merle laughed, "Yes ma'am." He said.

I covered my mouth, "I was only teasing!" I said loudly. Tessa's face turned red down below us and I know she heard us speaking.