24.

Getting out of the shower he looked at the shiny key on his table. He was still intrigued by how it came to him and whom it was given by. He wasn't sure what he actually feels about it- all the other girls were just.. well....girls. This was Calleigh, his colleague, his friend...and it wasn't like her to do such things. Hmm.
He put on some clean clothes. His flat definately needed cleaning. Lots of things on the floor, everything in a mess.He wasn't a cleaning freak but he liked things to be in an order. Here everything was messed up. Just as his life....
Put some music on. Loud music always did him good. Delko was at work and there was no one around. Made himself something to drink. Cool music and slow cleaning the overwhelming mess let him forget about the chaos on his head.
The cell ringing lit his room.
If it's dispatch I'm not even taking it he thought. Quick look at the caller ID - H.
Shit.
-Hi H. What's up?
-Hi Speed. I wanted to ask you for information.
-Go ahead.
-Trace from last night- the substance you found at the scene on the beach...
-Yeah?
-Was it sap? I found something like that on our newest victim
-Yeah. Sap. Special kind. It's all in the report. The copy is in my computer.
-Ok. I just needed it quick, sorry.
-No problem. See you- Speed hung up. He barely put the cell on the phone it flashed again
-Yeah!
-Hi it's me
-Cal. Hi. Sorry
-No problem. Coming with us to a pizzeria? At 7?
-Us is...?
-Me, Delko, Jensen- she smiled
-Uhm.. I'm actually in a cleaning mode...where is it?
-On the main beach. Yellow, small hut. Seen from the street.
-I know where it is. If I'm finished here, I'll come
-Ok. See ya then.
3hours. 3 hours of tough work. Lots of clothes. Lots of trash, papers, empty fridge. He actually didn't care for this. Food was something unimportant in his life, he didn't celebrate it like Delko and Cal, maybe because Delko and Cal were used to eat with a family and he wasn't? He didn't know the word'family dinner'. He was always either eating on his own, or somethimes accompanied by one of his ever- hurrying parents. Then Harry's screams at the table were driving him mad so he stopped eating at the family table. He usually got into kitchen and took something from the fridge. Or not. That's why his weight was always problematic. Slim as his mother, he didn't care for a body workout. He never needed to build muscles. He was sporty and thin, but eating unregularly and in small portions couldn't help him build the muscles his mates had. He actually didn't care- blond princessess smiling to the football players weren't his type.
He decided to eat a bit better since he was at uni. He knew that the brain needs good food to be active, but it finally finished at eating a proper meal with Alexx once a day, then he could eat sth or not and he wasn't hungry. In a hot Miami heat all he could mainly eat were fruit. And of course energizers or isotonics.
Alcohol? Yeah. Especially with Delko. He needed to get drunk to hook up a girl,what Delko used to do just like that. But the hot and humid Florida wasn't a good place for heavy drinking. So - yeah- at the party and yeah- not too much. He ironed combat shorts and a white T- shirt. Got on his bike and parked outside the beach at twenty past 7.
The loud roar told him that they're all there. They were drinking cold drinks, probably waiting for the order to come.
-Hey - he said sitting next to Delko. -Did you order?
-Yep. Want some pizza with me or sth different?
-I don't know yet.
-Here's beer for ya -Tyler brought him one. - I suppose you won't say no
-No I won't. Thanks.
Pizza came half an hour later they were all pretty hungry
-Speed want some?- Eric gave him his plate.
-I don't eat shit with fruit Delko. Pizza is with tomatoes or chorizo...not with pineapple.
-I agree - Valera put her plate next to Speed-. Have some of mine.
-Thanks.- Speed was a bit hungry and his pizza was still in the oven. With every minute and every bottle of beer the company became louder and more amused. They finally looked like a group of young lads having fun, not guys working with the worst crimes in Miami Dade County.
-Hey guys I need to go.- Tyler got up heavily.
-Man better take a taxi.
-Can I get home with ya- Valera got up too.
-Sure. The more the cheaper- Jensen took out his phone and called Uber. -And you?
-I'll take a walk but not just yet- Calleigh smiled.- Will you walk me guys? -she asked.
-Sure pretty lady. Eric got up - one more, guys?
-Yeah.
-Me too- Speed added- I can ride you home Cal if you like.
Eric and Calleigh looked at themselves.
-Ride?? -Eric asked.
-I came by bike-.
-You've been drinking, Tim. Calleigh said carefully
-Yeah. Not too much though.
-Come on Speed. Just as much as we have. Leave your bike and walk with us- Delko put the bottles in front of them
-I don't know...I need to see John meanwhile-. He left.
-Come on I hope he's not gonna ride it, he's drunk as much as we both
Calleigh looked at the table- I had five...no, six bottles. You?
-The same.
-So had he. Eric. We need to keep him away from the bike. It's strange he's so stubborn about this.
-I guess you're the only one who can get the idea out of him. -Eric looked at her closely.
-You...you know?
-I'm your friend. Best friend. Hard to notice. Don't worry. Your secret's safe. But please, stop him somehow.
-Yeah. When he comes back, leave for 5 mins.- She winked
-Ready? -Speed said sitting down.
-I didn't say I want to leave now, Tim- she smiled. -And I guess I'm too drunk to keep myself straight on the bike. Actually I've got a better idea.
-Yeah? What's that?
-I'll show you. The beach at 2 am.is almost empty...
-And...?
-Come on Tim... The sand is still hot at night. Not a word to Eric.
-Cal...you said you don't like it in public - he laughed.
-Shush....he's coming back.
-Hey....another one?
-No, Eric....Tim will walk me home and you'd better take a bus.
-Yeah. See you tomorrow Delko.
-Yeah sure. See you guys-. Eric winked to Cal whispering 'good job.'
They paid for the beer and walked until the beach was empty. That  night was really special for both of them. Morning anyway brought a huge hungover. Speed woke up first and sat on the sand next to the water.
Calleigh joined him after a while.
-How are you?
-Come on Cal...let me die.How much...?
-A lot.- She laughed.- But you stood up to the test-. She smiled.
-THAT I remember pretty well- he bent over her and kissed her passionately.
-Come on.  Let me take you for breakfast.

  Let me take you for breakfast