Go on. Just like that.

"I can't Speedle. "
"Yes you can Megan. Need to try."
"I'm not coming back to Miami. I'm taking a break. I can't walk into the precinct thinking he's there no more..."
"I know, but.."
"But what??" She said nervously.
"Nothing". He stopped pushing her. He would never admit that to anybody but he missed her. He felt lost. H noticed that as they both became closer a bit.
"Thanks for calling me. Gotta go. Bye Speedle."
He was standing with the phone in his hand. She just cut the conversation out. As usual. He became angry. He wasn't an extravert but he felt the need to talk to her sometimes. But she was always like that.
"Speed?" H peeped in "How's my probe?"
"Finishing it, H."
H noticed his mood but asked no questions.
"And Speed- we're gonna get a new one. "
"You meen- a new worker?"
"Yep. His name is Eric Delko. He's coming over today about 6".
"Oh...did you tell Cal?"
"Yeah. But I want you to grab him."
"What can he do?"
"He's just become CSI and I hope he'll manage as well as you two."
Speed nodded. He and Calleigh became CSIs one after another, she was first. They gained level one in 6 months. They were both climbing to level two, gaining new abilities.
"He's a diver for underwater recovery as far as I know and got some abilities in fingerprinting. The rest will be known when he arrives. So can you?"
"Sure. "
When H left Speed went to the morgue.
"Hi Alexx. Have you heard the news? We're getting a rookie".
"Oh yeah? When?"
"Tonight. H wants me to grab him".
"Oh.. You're not the best welcoming team I must admit. Calleigh would be better".
"Yeah...maybe H is afraid she would kill him with cheerfulness".
They both laughed. "Nervous huh?"
"No...why should I be?"
"Cause he's another guy. And tgere was only you. "
"And H."
"Yeah. But he's your boss."
"Megan is my boss. "
"Not anymore. She just brought another long term sick leave and Horatio was given the full supervision over the lab".
"That's not fair. "
"It is, Timmy. Lab must be well- managed to keep the funds. And Megan has the right to rest after such a trauma. Don't you like Horatio?"
"Well.. I do. Very much. I'm just..."
"...loyal?"
"Kinda I guess. I'm a bit ... disappointed." Alexx raised her eyebrow. "...That she didn't pass by. Just to say hello."
"She's like that. I'm sorry. She's a great CSI but still a bit bitchy."
Speed smiled." Yeah...I guess.
Ok. Gotta be going. Drop by to see him later".
"Yep. I will".
At 5.30 Speed was to the marina. Loud music was playing in the hummer. He was wondering what's the guy like.
There were two guys talking. One of them was tall 'surfer-like' guy with a bag on his arm. Handsome and lauging aloud.
Geez...another Duquesne....he stopped the car and got out.
"Tim Speedle Miami Dade lab. Eric Delko? " He came closer putting out his hand to the guy.
"Me? Never. I'm a freelancer. Ok Eric. See ya soon. "
"Yeah bye, Laurence". The tall Cuban guy bowed down to grab his bag. "I'm Eric Delko. "
Speed was amazed."  Oh...ok. I'm Speedle. Get in. "
"Thanks." Before Delko put his bag on the back seat, Speedle composed himself quite well.
"Uhm...sorry. I misundestood H, he told me you're a diver so I assumed.."
"..I'm also a surfer. Well...I actually am. Or was. But I decided to dress more formally going to an interview. " He got a quick look at Speed's tshirt and baggies
"Oh. Ok. Where are you staying?"
"Nowhere yet. I'm to share a condo with one of the guys from the lab."
"That would be me I guess."
"Good. How big is it?"
"Four separate rooms, shared bathroom and kitchen. Small backyard. Shared living room. Quiet place."
"It's good...I'm a light sleeper."
"Working with us you'll forget what sleep is. We've been working 20Hrs a day lately. I don't remember sleeping in my bed in the last 4 days."
"What?"
"We're taking  naps on the sofa in the break room".
"Why?"
"No time. 4 hours of rest. Commuting takes 1 h tgere and back. It's better stay and sleep 4 full hours. That's why. "
"Oh....you need me I think. Maybe then you'll get more sleep."
"Yeah. Maybe. "
"So you're..."
" CSI.Trace and impressions. DNA in progress. I'm actually a biologist."
"Florida resident?"
"Born in NYC, but yeah. Florida for more than a year. Calleigh is from New Orleans. But in Florida even longer than me. She's the ballistics expert. There's H too- I mean Lt. Caine. Your supervisor.
And Megan Donner. She's at the long sick leave at present. "
"Are you a cop?"
"Yeah. We all are. Me, Cal, H. Are you?"
"Yeah. Freshman. "
"So...Eric. I'll leave you at the lab and then when you're finished with the docs I'll show you the flat."
"Sure. Thanks Speedle. Tim. "
"Speed. Everyone calls me that here".
"Ok". They entered the building. Speed showed Eric the lab and left for lunch.
"So...how is he?" Calleigh's happy voice asked from behind.
"Fine I guess. Normal guy. "
"What does he look like?"
"Tall, slim latino. You'll like him."
"Do you?"
"It's hard to say... He's ok. What are you eating? "
"Ham sandwich."
"Good?"
"Yep. Pretty tasty". She gave him a bit to try.
"Yeah...nice. One more please."
When they entered together after lunch Eric Delko was entertaining Paula and the DNA lab ladies.
"Oo.. That's him?"
"Yeah. Told ya. "
"He seems nice. Hello!" Cal waved to Eric." I'm Calleigh "
"Bullet girl? Hello.I'm Eric."
"Whatever Tim told you about me it's a lie " she threw thunderbolts at Speed.
"He just said you're the best in ballistics. Never mentioned anything about your beauty." Speed rolled his eyes and Calleigh blushed. Shit...
"Come on playboy..."  He turned back. "Let me take you to the condo. "
"Sure. See you later ladies. "
"Bye!" Paula, Cal , Mary and Maxine waved him. "Bye.Speed!" Cal added at the end.
"It's nice you remembered" Speed answered in an usual sarcastic tone. Eric grinned and took his bag. Then they both left