getting moved

'Yeah this one is ok' Eric entered the room. 'Where's yours?'
'The opposite. When you will be ready, just knock.'
Eric finished in two hours. Then he knocked, but hearing no 'come in'  , entered. Speed was laying on the sofa. Asleep. Eric looked around- he didn't want to be nosy but was very interested in how his new lad lives. The room was strict and simple. One small wardrobe and a huge bookshelf or rather bookcase. Big as the wall. A table and 2 chairs. No telly just stereo. That's all. Well.His room was furnished better. Maybe Speed didn't need more?
'Hey,man. Wake up.' He shook Speed's arm. He just sat down immediately. 'Oops. Sorry. I just lay down for a moment....you see- that's what awaits you. Give me a minute to change my shirt ok?'
'Sure. Knock on my door.'
10 mins later they were driving back.
'Can I bring...guests here?'
'Yep. Sure. Just remember there is one bathroom.' He smiled
Sure. 'Do you sometimes...'
'...go hunting?' Speed laughed Eric nodded  'No. Have no time. Really. I also have nobody to go with actually. '
'I'm sure we'll get on very well'
'I'm not THAT ladies'man as you are man' Speed said getting behind the wheel.
'So I see. We'll fix that soon.'
Speed thought that this isn't exactly what he meant.
'Ok let's go back'.
Entering the lab there was H. waiting, and after a short conversation he took Eric with him and Speed went back to trace lab. Cal joined him soon after.
'He seems nice' she said.
'Yeah. All the girls seem to like him.' Speed added sarcastically.
'They like you too Tim. You're just not...not...'
'Fashionable ? Social? Fancyboy?'
'Yeah...kinda' she smiled. 'But I think you both have a lot in common so don't put him aside so easily.'
"I won't'. He nodded. 'Now- off to work.'
In the middle of the night H entered. 'Speed, it's 4 am... Go home. What time do you start tomorrow?'
'10. '
'Yeah. So it's time to leave. Let's go. '
Speed nodded and they left. H. Stopped outside his flat
'Wanna drop by?'
'No. You need sleep. Go now. See you at 10'.
Speed was heading to the shower when he heard Delko in his room. He knocked.
Delko opened almost immediately. 'Hi Speed. Coming back?'
"Yep. What time are u starting tomorrow?'
'10. You?'
'Me too. Want a lift?'
'Sure. Ok. Night. '
'Night.'
-----------------------''-------
At 9. O'clock Speed entered the kitchen and saw Delko making scrambled eggs.
'Uuuu....breakfast' he said pouring some tea.
'Want some? Got a lot of it'.
'No. I don't eat in the morning'.
'That's why you're so skinny, lad'.
'Maybe...be ready about 9.15 ok?'
'Sure.'
When Eric came outside the building, Speed handed him a helmet- here you are.
'But...why??'#
Speed entered the garage and pulled over a ducati bike.
'That's why.'
Eric didn't look convinced. 'Eeerm..I don't think I...'
'Come on. Girls like bikes. ' He grinned.
Delko sat at the back with his helmet on. Speed was riding fast. Very fast. When they stopped outside the lab, they saw Calleigh.
'How was it huh?' Cal smiled at Eric.
'Never again' Eric shook his head.
'What's wrong Delko? ' Speed asked taking back his helmet
'Nothing. You're a hellraiser...'
'I'm not!' Speed said frowning his head.
'Yes it's true' H came out of nowhere. 'I was following you accidentally for half a way and you were riding much too fast. Slow down ,Speed and I mean it. Next time I'll stop you to a checkout. I don't wanna lose my criminalist- and now two of them. '
'Don't worry H...I'm not gonna let him do it anymore.'  Speed looked at them both and left for the garage, shaking his head in disagreement.
'What's the case?' they finally gathered in the layout room.
'Girl was murdered. 13 yo. Latino.'
H. Looked at Eric. 'Last seen on beach with her friends. '
'And that means?' Eric asked.
'That means that me and you are going to visit school.' Speed murmured.
'Exactly. Take the box and ask out. The detective is on the way'.
They left in a hummer.
'You're quiet, does it mean I offended you with the bike situation?' Eric asked gently
'No. It only means I hate crime scenes with kids. H. Knows that and if it isn't completely necessary, he's not sending me.'
'Oh..why is that so?'
'Idk...nobody likes them...I can work with floaters or long-lasting dbs...don't mind. But kids...u know, it's just like if god was punishing everyone around. If I were a believer, I'd think so.'
'You are not?'
'No. I'm a scientist. I believe in Big Bang theory. You?'
'I'm a Catholic. I do believe in god'
'Oh...so why does your God let this happen? Young life brutally taken, everyone around unhappy?'
'Idk...that's a part of his plan...'
'Yeah...you always say that. Doesn't matter. Go to the head office and charm the headmaster. We need to talk to the kids. Urgently. '
Eric nodded and 10 mins later he waved at him from the building.
'Let's go inside. They're waiting.'
Speed shook his head smiling.
'What did you promise to her?'
Nothing Eric said sheepishly 'she's a part of the investigation..' 'Yeah right...' They entered the room. There were 3 girls and two women, detective and a psychologist.
'We're gonna take some trace from you as you were the last to see Carmella alive. '
'Why did you leave her there' Speed asked
'Ww..;hat?' One of them pushed out
'Why did u leave her?she was your friend. Why didn't u take her with ya?'
'She....she was...asleep.'
'Oh she was....' Speed continued swabbing the girl's fingers and nails 'why didn't u wake her? U knew there's tide on the way...
or you? why didn't you?' He turned to the oldest one.
'Can he...can he ask me?' Another one asked the detective with a blunt face.
'Yes he can. He's a police officer, like me.'
'Oh. My mom asked me to be home before 7pm. So we had to go. It's not my fault nor my problem she drowned....'
'She didn't drown just like that' Speed started packing his things. 'She was kept underwater. Only a strong person can do it. And she defended herself. You- he pointed to the tallest girl- swipe your sleeves. Now.'
'Why?I didn't do anything.'
She was almost as tall as Speed, unusual at this age.
'So u shouldn't be worried then'.
At the same moment the door opened and a man rushed in.
'What is going on here? My daughter isn't gonna be questioned without a lawyer. You two keep out or I'll destroy you.'
'We didn't do anything,Sir. Just took samples and had some smalltalk, right princess?' Speed smiled sarcastically.
'We're leaving. This is over'.
So they took the samples and left. 'Aren't u afraid? Does it happen often?' Eric asked in the car.
'Threatening? Yeah. I'm kinda used to. You'll get used to.'
Speed started the engine.