21.

-Sprained arm, and my leg is bruised but no damage to the bone.
-And the head?-Delko looked closer
-Cut a bit. Sewn in one place. Nothing serious. Did you locate the guy?
-Cctv on the building caught the car just after it hit you.
-Oh.Hope you'll catch him. My bike needs repairing and I'm not gonna pay for this. How's Cal?
-Bruised and frightened. It's impossible she sat with you- she's always stated bikes are life-threatening...
-I owed her something and she chose this way. Shame we got onto this guy here.
-Take you home?
-Yeah. Be ready in 20 min. I wanna pop in to see Cal before.
-Sure. Meet you downstairs.
-Hi- he knocked her door
-Hi -she smiled. -How are you? -
-Fine. You?-
-Waiting for the blood test results. -He sat next to her bed
-Tim....we need to talk.
-We do?. Let me guess- it was a huge mistake and we should stay friends? -He asked looking straight at her
-Well...that's what you want to hear? That's how you feel?
-No. But you do.
-How do you know what I feel? Maybe you should learn hear people out, not just classify them huh?
-Oh ok. Sorry. Won't interrupt you. I'm listening.
-I had a lovely time. The way it all happened was a bit my fault. I....kinda pushed you in my direction.I never asked if you wanted it that way. And then it just happened. And I felt you liked it a lot.
-I did. And I'm not a child. I wanted it as much as you did, was just...surprised.
-Explain.
-.. Surprised you wanted me. That we - good friends- ended up like this, doing it- which was wonderful by the way. I'd love to repeat it soon. If you want.
-You mean- the sex or the date?
-Both - he smiled.- I just want you to know I respect you as you are, for your abilities and knowledge not only for your....external beauty.
-I know. Thanks. But...what if someone gets to know? They've already asked me what I was doing there with you.
-I don't care, do you?
-Well...we need to say something...
-Pick a reason ok? - Speed smiled I don't care. Pick the reason you feel comfortable with.

He left hospital after some tests, being obliged to come back for a checkout.
- So...
- what, Delko?
-I saw CCTV
-so?
- you know.. You.... You
- Delko- to the point.
- you kissed her.
-and you never do it? We're friends.
- it wasn't exactly friendly kiss
-So what do you want me to say?
- I....I don't know. Maybe....oh whatever. I'm glad you 're both ok. Really.
-Thanks for coming, bike is heavy I wouldn't be able to do it on my own.
-No problem. Calleigh looked frightened.
-She did. We didn't notice the guy. He didn't even check the road before he rushed.
-Yeah...you can ask for a refund.
-I will. Ducati must be repaired.
-Ok. Let me take you home. Want me to take your things?
-Not many of them actually Delko...just the jacket and a backpack..
-Ok. It will be easier though.
Speed nodded and they got into a hummer.
-Speed...were you...were you dating?I mean- you and Calleigh?

Speed hung his head then looked at Eric carefully.

-Well, what do you want to hear Delko , huh?
-Truth maybe?
Speed closed the door.
-You know it's not only me who you should talk to
-Yeah. But you're my friend so Im asking you.
-Can you keep your mouth shut?
-Yeah. You know I can. Why bother asking?
-So- yeah. We've been on a date. First time. But it stays here Delko. And you can close your mouth now.
Eric felt so amazed. He asked but didn't expect this answer. Speed and Calleigh? No way.
-..but...how?
-I asked her out when I felt she would agree.
-O...h. I understand. How long does it last?
-We've been out twice.
-Oh. Is it going somewhere far?
-I guess.... I'm not saying it's gonna be a relationship out of it. We both agreed to a loose dating.
-Cal agreed to that? I don't believe it...man, don't even think you'll get lucky with that attitude...
Speed bowed his head saying nothing
-Shit! - Eric said with a horrified expression -you already did!!!
-I don't treat it that way Eric, really...It's Calleigh we're talking about, not any random girl.
Eric stopped.
-What now?
-Nothing. Life goes on. We work, rest, work....as always. If it bothers you so, try not to think about it too much. I don't.
It's just another chapter of our lives.
-But- you??!??
-Thanks Delko. Thanks a lot. Am I ugly? Smelly or something?
-No...sorry. I meant you're not even her type...neither am I... That's why Im surprised.
-I know.
-How did you two ...?
-Just happened. Simple small talk about sth different. I said sth that day- she remembered it and asked me for a meeting in return. It turned out to be quite a pleasant date.
-Shit Speed... I'm speechless.
-Me too I must say. Delko- whatever was said here- stays here. I don't know how's gonna be between me and Cal but I don't want her to think I'm a chatterbox.
-Sure thing. Want me to help you with the clothes?-  he said opening Speed's room
-No. Thanks. I'll be fine.
Eric nodded and left.
Speed put up his phone.
-Hi. It's me. How are you?
-Fine. All in one piece. How's your arm?
-Good. Will be good. Back to work tomorrow. You?
-Me too- tomorrow. Tim?
-Yeah?
-Can we keep it between us?
-Yeah. However people will ask. What will you tell them?
-That you promised me a ride. And that's it.
-It will be hard to cheat everyone. Especially Delko.
-Eric isn't everyone. We'll tell him if we need to. The rest must know only that much. And Tim?
-Yeah?
-I had a great time. I'm afraid you may think I feel no shame at all- she laughed
- No, Cal. I had a great time to. And I did it too, remember?
-Yes -she smiled.- We need to repeat it soon.
-As soon as possible. Meanwhile get some sleep. We've got a shift together tomorrow.
-I know. Get some rest.See you tomorrow, Tim.
-See ya Bullet Girl. He put down the phone.
Yeah, she surely was a bullet girl. A firework.