19.

-Hey, pick you up on Friday - Eric's words made Calleigh freeze.
-What?
-Friday. Tyler's party. Remember?
-Yeah...I do... I need to do sth Eric, talk to u later ok?- She was walking thru the corridor thinking what she's supposed to tell him.
-Tim? About Friday...
-You've changed your mind? - He frowned
-No it's just the party at Tyler's
-What party?
-He's moved into a new house. He invited all of us...
-Oh, ok. Go. Some other time he said lightly.
-Sure?
-Positive.
-Will you go with me?
-I...I'm working late actually...so I'll come a little late ok?
-Yeah. You not mad?
-No Cal, I'm not.
...............................
-Where the hell are you? Delko's quiet voice said by the loudspeaking system
-Um...I'm working Delko. Why?
-You werent at the party yesterday. I thought you said you're coming...
-That was the plan, but H asked me for a substitute and as none of you could, I agreed.
-But you weren't working all night as I see..
-Meaning?
-When I entered the kitchen, hungover, in underwear, there was your friend Ana drinking coffee.
-So?
-So, she almost saw me naked.
-So? You don't know what to wear in the common room Delko?
-Speed...she was in your Tshirt.
-Yeah. She does that sometimes when...let's say... We don't plan the sleepover . and I really thought you know that the guys living there often bring someone...
-ONLY a T-Shirt, Speed.
-Oh.
Ana was like that. Wild child, non- standard. He thought of a stupid face of Eric in that very moment.
-Delko if you are scared of naked women I won't ever bring her home. I just thought you aren't gonna come back till late hours.
-No...I don't mind. We were just worried. Calleigh was worried.
-I'm not a baby. It's ok. I'm actually finishing soon so be so kind and tell Ana to wait for me in my flat.I didn't want to wake her up at night and she was a bit exhausted.
-Sure. Not asking why.- He hung up.
Speed felt strange .Cal was worried? Never called. Not even once asked. Set him up for Tyler's party. He said he was ok but he felt disappointed. When Ana called, he agreed to meet. They had fun until H. Called. End of story. 'I guess I should give up Calleigh' he thought before parking at the backyard. Entering the house he heard Eric and Ana in the kitchen
-Don't you have to be somewhere Delko?
-Yeah I'm off to work.
--Hi baby
-Hi Ana. Wanna eat sth?
-Sure-. She got dressed and they left for quick brunch to the nearest bistro
-You eat so much and you're so slim....how's that?-she frowned
-I don't know. It's just my feature I guess. you're very slim yourself.
-But I need to be careful what and how much I eat... Besides I burn lots of calories with you - she pulled her arms around him.
-Tim? He heard a voice
-Cal? What are you doing here
-Eric told me you can be there if not at home. Hi Ana. I need to ask quickly about the early morning case - she smiled apologizingly.
-Hi. I'd better be going. See you soon Speed.
-Sure. See you. And thanks.
She nodded and left.
-Coffee?- Tim asked.
-I'll die for a cup....- Speed got up and took a big mug for her.
-Here you are. How can I help?
-What? She asked
-With the case??
-Oh.. I...lied a bit. Sorry. I wanted to talk to you about yesterday.
--Yesterday?
-Yeah. I'm sorry that happened...I just thought...I thought I can get both in one- promised both you and Tyler and kept it. That I thought. I didn't know you weren't coming.
-I was supposed to...but worked late and then met Ana and that's it. Came back to work early instead.
-Let me make it up to you. If you still want to.
-Meaning?
-Let's meet at the station in the evening ok? Free then?
-Yeah - Speed was a bit overwhelmed. 
-Any particular outfit?
-Something comfortable. Plus your bike.
-You're gonna ride with me?
-Yeah. At 7?
-Yeah.
At 7.10 he rushed into the garage looking for her. Nobody.
-Shit - took outhis phone -Cal? Where r u?
-Next to your bike.
He turned left and tgere she was. Short black, spotted dress, jean jacket and boots - she looked more a hippie than a  bullet girl. Her hair was a bit messy. She was carrying a strange backpack.
-You look... Completely different.
-Bad?
-Not at all. Your helmet. -He handed her one.
-I'll tell you where to turn ok?
He sat and felt her behind him. She placed her hands on his arms.
-No...not like that. That way - he pulled her hand around his waist -it's much safer. And hold on tight.-
They rode of the city, still along the coast. In one moment Calleigh said -turn right here-.
Stopping at tge end of quiet gravel road she got off.
-Where are we?
-We need to go 200 meters. Is it ok? He nodded.
Then they entered completely empty sandy beach. Even Speed had to admit it's beautiful.
-My dad used to take me here. He was reading or listening to the radio and I was playing in the sand. Nobody but us.
-Yeah...but what are we gonna do here? Play in the sand ?- He grinned
She took off the backpack. After unbuckling it turned out to be a blanket with the picnic equipment.
-God I'm hungry... He looked at food that was inside.
-Yeah. Me to. But first- let's go.
-Where?
-Into the sea.
-Cal, I have no trunks...
-Me neither.She came closer to the water. Then took off her dress and completely naked entered it. Speed was amazed.
-Come on! The water is hot and covers everything.-
He hestitated a bit but joined her after a while. Came closer.
-Calleigh.... I don't th...
-Shut up - she said coming closer and pulling her arms around his neck. -...And come here.
-Oh god - he sighed hugging her. -I'm at your service.