day two

"6 am... Ok Speedle. Go home. If all the samples turn out to be ok, I'll hire you."
He nodded. He was visibly tired and so was she. During the night he slightly changed his mind about Megan. She was great. Not in face-to- face relation, but with her field and labwork. And he also thought she found him interesting as an employee. So he was actually full of hope.
"Really?"
"Yeah. However to become usual CSI you'll need your degree, so it means you...."
"....Need to go back to Columbia". He finished.
"Yeah. It's the last year so only few classess and then final exams. Shame your group has only few months to go... You need to wait until the next academic year. Until then I cannot hire you for a proper CSI training.You can help here as a lab tech and learn, but the wages are lower than CSI's. "
"I understand."
"So...what do you think?"
"I'm in. If the samples turn out ok. "
"So see you tomorrow... at 11."
"Yeah. Thanks".
"And Speedle?"
He turned around "yeah?"
"You may wear the baggy things of yours. I don't believe I'm saying this, but they look better on you than these much-too -large clothes".
He nodded and left. Outside the building he sat on the bench and still couldn't believe he got the job. Almost. Surely.
"Hi there" when he looked up there was an older guy with unusual ginger hair standing in front of him.
"Hi.... Eeerm....Do we know each other? "
"Not yet. I'm Horatio Caine. Crime Lab II supervisor. "
"Oh...I've heard about you from Calleigh."
"How did it go?"
"Well...I guess."
"Megan hired you?"
"Almost. I just need to finish my degree..."
"Oh...yeah. Education is important. What are you going to do? It's more than a half of academic year."
"I'll call and try to talk to dean Miles. He was always very nice to
me. "
"James Miles?"
"Yeah. Know him?"
"I know his daughter, Olivia. She used to meet me in court when I was only a police officer. But dean Miles is a decent man. I hope he'll let you finish your studies next year. "
"No...I actually thought of this year. "
"No... " Horatio smiled- "that's not possible".
"I need to pass the exams. Classes aren't obligatory."
"Biology and chemistry, right? Not so easy..."
"Yeah.  I'll manage. "
"Good luck then."
"Thanks".
Horatio moved and entered the building. Watching the man he thought that he's either so ambitious, or so cheeky.
...............................................
"And....? "
"I'll get it if the results come positive." David looked at him.
"So you got it. "
"I hope so. "
"Congratulations, boy. " David hugged him. "What about your studies?"
"Need to finish it. Need to meet dean Miles. "
"Let me call him."
"No. You did so much for me. I cannot ask for more".
"So let me go with you. I'll call tomorrow."
Tim nodded. He opened the door of David's apartment and decided to catch some sleep, but just couldn't. How will he manage? Not the exams- he'd have to study hard but that wasn't a big concern for him, but the money. He stopped attending and was suspended....
"Ok. Just make an appointment- the sooner the better." He lay on the bed and almost instantly fell asleep.
"Yes.. Hi Kathy.  it's David Mc Cain.  Hello. I need to talk to dean Miles.....no - professionally, well kinda... Yeah, kinda fast. On Wednesday? Sure I can. Thank you. See you soon. "
David entered the bedroom and saw Tim sleeping. He didn't know how he's gonna do it and if it's possible,but he was surely the only person that could succeed.
He took off his jacket and started making dinner.
.............................................
"You mean- this Wednesday?" Tim choked with the chicken wing.
"Yeah. I'm coming with you. Dean Miles is my friend. He's my room mate from the dorm ;) "
"Thank you, David.. I don't know what to say"
When on Wednesday they were knocking the dean's door, Tim was sweat all over. David insisted ond buying new clothes, but Tim simply wore Andy's shirt and black jeans.
"David! I don't believe it."
"James! It's been ages."
"I haven't seen you since..." "Andrew..."
"Yeah. I apologize."
"No worries". Dean Miles embraced David cordially and noticed Tim behind him.
"Oh my! Look who's here...."
"Good afternoon dean Miles. Remember me?"
"How could I forget the science duo member.. Timothy Speedle Where have you been, boy? We've been wandering what happened to you".
"He came to me actually, 3 months ago. Since then he was staying in Miami and working there. "
"Well well...it's a pity you've left the university. Your year isn't the same without your scientific researches. Please sit down. What brings you both here?"
"Well, actually" Tim started.
"...Actually I want to give him back" David laughed "where he belongs ."
"But you know " dean loooked nervously "that his family ... Eermm... Isn't ..."
".... Quite interested?" David said "yeah. I want to give him back to you, James."
"But...David...that's impossible. He's suspended and his class passed 2of 4 exams. They already started writing their master's dissertations..."
"He can pass all the exams".
"Well...I know he's able to do it, but what about his dissertation?
Timothy??? What about it? " Dean turned to Tim.
"I'll pass the exams needed. I'll find the tutor for my dissertation."
"But... It's against the procedure... I don't know if..."
"James. I didn't come here to ask for impossible. I came to ask for possibility. Could you just ask the board if there's any chance? He was your leading student for 4 years, won many honours for this uni and was suspended, not released. We just need a chance."
"Why?" Dean looked at Tim. "Why is it so important?"
"To get the job I'm applying I need my degree. It' s very important to me. David helped me when I was down. At the bottom, dean Miles. Now I've got chance to stand up straight. I'm not asking for a miracle. I'm asking for a chance."
"Do you understand Timothy that there is also a financial side of it? Even not attending the classes, you must pay the fee. Can you afford it?"
"Yes he can" David said. "No worries about that. Tim looked at him surprised and David winked.
"In that case...let me talk to the board.  I'd really like to help you boy" he said to Tim "...buy I'm not sure I can. "
After the meeting Tim went to see his old uni walls and David stayed a bit more.
"Tim??!?? Tim Speedle? "
He turned around and saw Eve, the only decent girl in his class.
"Hi Eve. Yea - It's me."
"What are you doing here? Gosh... I know you're ok but I never though I'd see you again."
"I wanna come back Eve. I need my degree."
"But... Is it possible? We've passed two exams already... thanks to you not being here I did it first in the rank." She laughed
"Congratulations. What was that?"
"Anatomy and neurology".
Speedle shook his head "Eve I'm proud." he tapped her back. "I need to go. Take care"
"What a pity you're not here".
"Yeah right. Come on. You're the first telling me that".
"I know. But many people thought so. I...hope to see you here,Tim."
"Thanks, Eve. "
"Tim!!! " That was David. 
"Sorry, Eve. Gotta go."
"See ya, Tim. " She stood on her toes and kissed him. "Bye bye".
Tim waved her and moved towards David.
"Let's go boy. Long way ahead"