23.

-You could change the shirt at least Speedle- Tyler laughed at him in the AVlab. - you smell with perfume
-Fuck off - Speed mumbled- watch yourself.
-Come on..it's only banter.
-I know. I'm just tired. I was supposed to have a day off and I had to work anyway. I slept 5 hrs in two days.
-Oh come on...don't tell me you couldn't sleep freely last night..and you chose other... activities.
-Yeah. Good point. Now- back to work.
-Hi boys- Calleigh fresh as a spring morning entered- how's things?
-See for yourself- Tyler grinned- except gloomy, worn off Speedle, all is getting fine. Speedle, you should stay single for the sake of this investigation. This girl of yours is killing you...
Speed had a quick look at Calleigh who seemed to be amused by the situation.
-Can you two check this out for a while? I need to check sth with Horatio.
-Sure Tyler. I'm staying. She sat by the table

-What now? Speed asked when Tyler left

-With what?
-With us.. You and me.
-Tim...we agreed there's no 'us' at work. We agreed to a kind of relation right?Let's keep it that way. Let them think you still seeing this girl, Ana.
-I'm not.
-Ok, so what? I don't care- Calleigh spilt it out a bit too fast
-Cal....
-Tim. I don't care.
He looked close at her.
-Ok. Whatever.
They were checking the tapes for 2 hours when they finally managed to find the car's plate.
It became silent between them which Speed didn't like, cause it seemed unnatural. When Eric called him out he was happy to leave.
-Tim....before you go...we need to talk.
-Sure. Lunch at 10?
-Yeah. On the terrace. I brought you a sandwich.
-Thanks. See you then.
Meeting Eric was also difficult as he tried hard not to jump on him.
He was still bit angry because of the yesterday so he tried to stay calm.
-You look like shit- Eric said coming into trace.
-Fuck off man. Because of you.
-I didn't force you to meet the girl and spend a whole night.
-What?
-Tyler told me.
-Oh.
-Aren't you and Calleigh..?
-Leave it Eric. Especially at work ok?She wants it secret.
-Were you with her yst.? You smell her perfume a bit.
-If I had had a day off, I'd have  been fresh now. No more talking.
-Ok. -Eric felt guilt and shut up.
Ten past 10 oclock Speed entered the terrace with a coffee for Calleigh. She was sitting there, facing the sun- he never understood her sunlove-he was suntanned just because of his darker carnation and being a lot outside, but going to the beach was his worst nightmare.
-Sorry I'm late but there was a line in a coffee box.
-Nno problem. Tuna?
-Sure. Thanks.
They were eating in silence.
-Ok. Someone needs to start. I... I'm sorry. Really Cal.
-For what?
-For yesterday.
-For the girl? I told you it doesn't matter and we're not married for God's sake....- She laughed
-No. For my... My force.
-Well -she bowed to his ear -I kinda liked it. But not a word to anyone.
-You did?
-Didn't you notice?
-I ...did. Sure. But ...
-...you're not like that?- She smiled -I must say I was surprised. I'm not even asking who you learnt it with -she smiled. He became silent, eating the sandwich.
-Cal...you still want to meet me?
-Well...yeah. You're completetly different from all the other guys I was with, more....rough?
Well... If I'm too rough for your standards , just tell me.
-I will. Can you give me a key for your locker? I want to leave sth for ya.
-Yeah.A surprise gift? -he finally smiled.
-Kinda. Don't need any witnesses for that. It's enough everyone's thinking now while. you're eating with me on the terrace,  not with Alexx in the morgue, bringing me coffee.
Speed looked around and put some files on the table.
-I thought of that. Look interested.  -He opened one file. She smiled
-You smart beast.
Eating in silence they were observing each other. When Speed finished, he put his keys into one of the files not to be visible. Still thinking what he forgot to take from her flat.
Then he took some of the papers and left. Calleigh finished her coffee and took the files.Inside the building she took the key knot out. She looked closer as she noticed something different. The red key was missing. She smiled gently and left for the lockers.
After half an hour of work Speed finally went to the lockers' room where he found Eric changing his clothes.
-Man, Cal said you forgot your keys at the terrace. Here you are.-he gave him the bunch.
-Thanks bro.- He opened the locker, thinking what item he's gonna find there. When it finally opened, his amazement was so huge, he just couldn't believe it.
In the middle of his almost empty upper shelf there was a yellow, shiny key. And he knew whose key it was. He just didn't understand how that happened.
Actually- he thought-he didn't care. As long as she wanted him- he didn't care. He was a bit worried that after this- let's say tough- night she would finish this little secret pact between them, but apparently she kinda liked it. The problem was it wasn't his true nature. He was hardly like that. He was rather kind and careful while doing it, not...that. He didn't actually know why this happened this way.
Well- he thought-maybe it's time for a little change, Speedle?
He put on his helmet and rushed home.