Chapter 25

I couldn't believe it. The strong girl I was at the beginning of the year completely vanished. I was stupid enough to let the playboy, Park Jimin, use me.

Tears rolled down my face as I weeped, holding my head in my palms. My knees began to wobble, causing me to stumble to the cold, hard floor. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.

A familiar warm hand landed softly on my shoulder. The feeling which was once comforting and soothing was now lifeless and cold to the touch. "Don't touch me." I flinch.

"You're crying. Let me comfort you," Jimin said in his usual voice, which sounded different somehow.

"Let me comfort you? Let me comfort you!? Do you know how ridiculous you sound right now!?" I scoff as I stand to dust off my clothes.

"Baby..."

"Don't you fucking 'baby' me when you were the one who used me for a fucking bet!"

Everything went silent, but his pained eyes caused by my furious glare were enough to keep me satisfied. He needed a taste of his own medicine.

"H-How did you—"

"I heard it via tape recorder."

Jimin inched closer to me, but I prevented him from doing so. "Don't you dare come near me again. I know we haven't been official for very long, but I'm glad we ended things quickly before they got worse," I snapped before walking away, my back facing towards him. The only sound that came through were heavy pants, sniffles, and shoes clicking throughout the hallway.

"Tae-Taehyung?" I stammer into the phone.

"Y/N? Are you crying?"

"That doesn't matter right now. Can you pick me up please?"

"Of course; see you in fifteen minutes."

✼ •• ┈┈┈┈๑⋅⋯ ୨˚୧ ⋯⋅๑┈┈┈┈ •• ✼

"So, what happened, Y/N?" Taehyung asked as he started the engine.

My brother and I were close from the very beginning. I would tell him everything I wouldn't tell anyone else before...Jimin. Sometimes, we'd be mistaken for dating due to how much we'd hug during one of my mental breakdowns. "J-Jimin..." saying his name brought a pain to my tongue and heart. "We b-broke up."

"Why? Weren't you all over each other in Jeju?"

"He u-used me for..."

"For what!?" Taehyung yelled as he gripped the steering wheel firmly.

"Tae, p-please calm d-down. I don't w-want us to get in an accident."

He was really furious, which warmed my heart up a bit knowing that he was on my side. "I'll t-tell you when we g-get home, okay?" I put my hand on his shoulder, earning a tense nod from him.

✼ •• ┈┈┈┈๑⋅⋯ ୨˚୧ ⋯⋅๑┈┈┈┈ •• ✼

"He used you for a bet!? A FUCKING BET!?"

"T-Tae..."

"I can't believe this. Someone who I became close with once we moved here turned out to hurt my only damn sister?"

"T-Taehyung, it's not your fault."

"I should have known. I should have been there to warn you, to protect you, and I fucking failed," I noticed tears began to stream from his eyes as he plopped down on his bed. "I'm not a good brother. I never was."

I instantly ran over to him and hugged him tightly. Tears soaked our clothing as we sat there in each other's arms for what seemed like forever. It felt great to finally break free from this barrier of sadness, and I'm glad I didn't need Park Jimin to do so.