Chapter 16

A/N: Author-nim should be studying, but author-nim also couldn't resist the urge to write, so here's a chapter for you to enjoy! 😆

   ✼ •• ┈┈┈┈๑⋅⋯ ୨˚୧ ⋯⋅๑┈┈┈┈ •• ✼  

"Uh, Y/N?" Jennie asked as I was brushing my teeth. "Did you lose a room key, or perhaps give it to someone else?"

"No, why?" I reply, muffled.

"Um...t-there's u-uh," she stuttered and I walked outside the bathroom to where her voice was coming from only to enter a state of complete shock.

Written on the mirror by my red lipstick was: Don't try me now. You don't know what's coming your way, Kim Y/N.

My knees turned to Jell-O, causing me to collapse to the ground. The salinity of my tears mixed with the minty flavour of the toothpaste created a bitter, unpleasant taste in my mouth, but that was nothing compared to the tense atmosphere that the situation created. Jennie and Jisoo rushed to my side, wiping my face and rubbing circles on my back, but sadly, their attempt to comfort me didn't eliminate the pain after receiving these haunting messages multiple times.

"We should inform Mr. Kang. This is getting out of hand," Jennie suggested, and I ferociously shook my head.

"H-he sh-shouldn't have t-to worry a-about m-me," I said between sobs.

"Y/N, someone is fucking threatening you, so what do you think we should do?" Jennie asked me harshly.

"I don't—" I started, but got cut off.

"Alright, you don't know, so that's why we're trying to help you. Just trust us, okay?" She said, and I nodded before she pulled me in for a warm hug.

  ✼ •• ┈┈┈┈๑⋅⋯ ୨˚୧ ⋯⋅๑┈┈┈┈ •• ✼ 

The beautiful view of Jeju through the glass panels was the only thing there that slowed the speed of my nervous jitters. When I get nervous, I basically act like I have tourette syndrome.

"Y/N," I heard as I felt a hand on my shoulder.

Based on the voice alone, I could tell who it was, but I had more important things to worry about, such as: who the fuck is stalking me?

"Y/N, are you okay?" the voice became louder as tears began to cascade down my face.

"Y/N." Louder.

"Y/N—" I cut him off by slumping into his chest and pulling him closer to me.

I felt his hands gently glide up and down my back as I sobbed into his shoulder. His hold became stronger on me as one of my hands grabbed his charcoal locks, causing his lips to touch the crook of my neck. As I felt him pulling away, I instinctively buried my face in my palms.

"Y/N," Jimin softly spoke while grabbing my wrist in the same manner.

"Y/N," he said a little louder while gently playing with my fingers. I never realised how soft his hands were until they actually intertwined with mine.

"Y/N, look at me," I felt those baby hands lift my chin, exposing my tear-stained face complete with Rudolph's nose and smudged eye makeup. Mission "don't show your crush your vulnerable side" failed.

I just sat there, exhausted from crying and being sucked into a trance through his beautiful chocolate eyes. The way that they were hooded softened his facial structure as they thoroughly took the time to examine mine.

I was so lost in his dark brown orbs that the sound of the bus stopping jerked me back into reality, causing me to flinch under his touch. "Let's just enjoy today," he said softly, taking my hand in his. "We can talk about this later if you want."

  ✼ •• ┈┈┈┈๑⋅⋯ ୨˚୧ ⋯⋅๑┈┈┈┈ •• ✼ 

"I'm very sorry to hear that, Y/N," Mr. Kang spoke as he approached our room. "Girls, there's no need to worry now; I've called a bodyguard to stand outside your door."

"Sup, the name's Jeon Jungkook," the boy behind the man said with a smile.

"I'll leave you guys to talk; have a good night," Mr. Kang leaves.

"You look...pretty young...how old are you?" Jisoo asks before I roll my eyes at the randomness of her question.

"I'm 16," Jungkook said, making us gasp before he chuckles slightly. "Don't worry, I have a black belt in taekwondo."

"N-no, it's not that; don't you have school?" Jisoo asks again.

"Yeah, but I have online school, so I'm well rested."

"Don't overwork yourself," I say as my motherly instincts kick in.

"Don't worry, Noona. I like my job. It's exciting," he says, flashing his white bunny teeth. "Anyways, I would love to keep this conversation going, but it's almost midnight, and you teacher will kick me in the ass if I keep you out here," he chuckles, making us chuckle. "May I have your names again?"

"I'm Jisoo, this is Jennie, and that's Y/N," she introduces us.

"Okay, Noona. Goodnight," he says before we enter our room.