Chapter 3

~THE NEXT DAY~

Only three more days until that test. Three more damn days.

"Y/N-ah, why do you look so off today?" Jisoo asks while taking a swig of water.

"Nothing, it's just--"

"The calc test?" Jennie asked, cutting me off.

"Yeah," I replied softly.

"Well, did you find anyone to help you?"

"Yeah, but-"

"But what?" Jisoo interrupts.

"Nothing. I'm still nervous, that's all. But I appreciate your concern."

Why was I nervous? Was it because of Jimin or the actual test? There are three more days left; should I study with him more? He was really helpful, but what if I end up falling into his trap? I can't. I won't.

"Y/N. Y/N!" I was taken out of my trance by a shouting Jennie.

"Huh? What?" I said.

"You spaced out there for a second. What's bothering you?"

"Nothing. I'm fine."

The lunch bell rang and I proceeded to grab my stuff, but I was too late and felt a pair of hands pressing me down on the chair.

"You're not leaving until you tell us what happened. We won't make fun of you, I promise," Jisoo said looking down on me.

I bit my lip and looked down at my knees. "I-I was studying with J-Jimin."

Jennie and Jisoo said nothing and gaped widely. "Y-you don't like him, do you?"

"No way! He was just helping me!" I whined.

Jennie sighed and put one hand on my shoulder. "Look, I don't mind if he was your studying partner. I just don't want you getting hurt."

"O-okay," I said, and left for class.

I arrived at calculus feeling mentally uneasy, but it wasn't long until I felt a tap on my left shoulder. I looked to the left, and look: just what I needed at the moment. Park freaking Jimin.

"Hey," he says while sending me a slight smirk.

"Hi," I say, looking back at him.

"Wanna continue studying today?" He asks while leaning his head on his arm.

"Um, I'll have to—"

"I'll take you out for ice cream afterwards. My treat," he interrupts, winking.

I sigh. "Fine, but only because I can't say no to ice cream," I reply, tilting my head.

~AFTER SCHOOL~

I waited for Jimin in the school's library, so I decided to text Taehyung in the meantime informing him that I was gonna come home late. The last thing I wanted was a repeat of yesterday.

Me
Hey, I'm just letting you know that I'm studying late again today.

Taetae👽
Okay, should I pick you up from school at the same time?

Me
Aniyo, we're going out afterwards.

Taetae👽
Where and for how long?

Me
We're going out for ice cream, and I don't know when we'll be done.

Taetae👽
How am I supposed to know when to get you then?