Chapter 20

The bed that I was supposed to see her lovely sleeping figure on was instead empty, causing me to inhale sharply and drop the plastic bags in shock. Where could she be?

Moments later, I heard a series of footsteps that gradually grew louder from behind me. The clicking noises along with my pulsating heart were the only two things penetrating the silence, and my chest heaved up and down as I scrambled for a vase of flowers that laid in the corner of my eye. I lifted the vase up, ready to smash it when---

"Jimin?"

The bright hospital lights flickered as I heard the light switch click, and there stood Y/N in the door frame, wearing her regular clothes.

"You should've told me you've been released," I panted.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to worry you," she stuttered as her shoes clicked against the floor. "I d-didn't think about it."

I sigh. "Whatever; I'm glad you're safe," I pick up the candies and noodles that I dropped earlier. "Here, I brought some food for you."

Her eyes lit up, but became tinted wth concern. "B-But, shouldn't you be at the airport?"

"I felt like staying. I was worried about you." A smile crept on her face, but her eyes stayed as they were. She's obviously hiding something.

They darted to the bag, drawing her in like a weak magnet as she tried to peek at the contents inside. "Let's go back to the hotel, and I'll give it to you," I chuckle, trying to lose the unpleasant awkwardness.

✼ ┈┈┈┈๑⋅⋯ ୨˚୧ ⋯⋅๑┈┈┈┈ ✼

The silence in the taxi only added to the tension between us, for we didn't want the driver to assume we were dating or anything. I was afraid that Y/N would be uncomfortable, especially after that kiss we shared.

"Jimin, why aren't you speaking?" She broke the ice, putting a hand on my shoulder as we stepped out of the car.

I grabbed her hand and pulled her toward me as I let my chin rest on her shoulder. "Can we stay like this for a bit?" I ask, speaking softly in her ear.

"Jimin? There are people h—"

"Just a little longer. Please."

~Y/N's P.O.V.~

Something isn't right with him. Fuck that stalker of mine. Whatever the problem is, I need to fix it now.

"Let's go up to my room and we can talk about this, okay?" I say, brushing some of his bangs away to expose his forehead. He nodded and took my hand in his as I led him to my room.

"What'd you bring?" I ask as I turn the gold doorknob.

"Jjajangmyeon and marshmallow candies," he replied. "The noodles are probably cold by now, though."

"Still, you didn't have to bring me anything."

"I wanted to. Just act spoiled and eat the damn food," he chuckled.

"Alrighty, Jimin," I sit down on the bed as I take out the noodles and begin slurping and savouring every bite. "So, what happened to you?"

"What do you mean?" He asks back, sitting down on the other bed.

"Don't give me that crap. You've usually initiated every conversation we had until today."

"What does that have to do with anything?"

"You're losing self confidence. My question is: what is the reason for that?"

"I-I guess I'm still worried about you, even though you've been released from the hospital."

"Jimin, I'm fine. Don't worry about me...unless you have a legitamate reason to."

"What do you consider as a legitamate reason?"

"Someone who acts as my guardian can worry about me because it's their job to do so. You're not my guardian, so please enjoy your life and don't burden yourself with my problems."

"What if I tell you that I am enjoying my life even though I am worrying about you?"

"That makes no sense at all."

"Yes, it does. There hasn't been a day where I haven't turned away from you whenever you were all broken and lonely because seeing that made something inside my heart clench. I have truly enjoyed being the one to cheer you up and put a smile on that pretty face of yours, for I was afraid that if I didn't, you'd remain like a grumpy grandma for the rest of your life."

I couldn't help but laugh. "Sorry, Jimin. Continue."

"You truly deserve all the support and comfort life can throw at you, and I'd be glad to serve as your punching bag and/or source of daily motivation. I know that because you take other people's feelings into consideration before your own, and I want to repay you for that.

"Before you moved here, there was not a single girl I met that actually cared for me both physically and mentally. Even though I had my Hyungs to support me, I still felt unloved and undeserving of everything. These repeating incidents made me into the cocky asshole you met on your first day.

"I'm glad you didn't initially see me as your worst enemy, and you actually put up with me to see through the image of a jock that was put up in front of you. You saw me for the person I wanted to become, and for that, I'll be eternally grateful. During the time we've known each other, you've motivated me to stay strong for myself because you made it clear to me that there is someone that truly cares about me.

"I'm rambling so much right now, and I probably sound like an idiot, but what I want to tell you is...

...I really like you."