Chapter 8

~JIMIN'S P.O.V.~

Seeing Minhee earlier made my blood boil. Also, now knowing that Y/N saw me talking to her didn't alleviate the situation at all.

I stood by the gates, wondering if she even agreed to come. She's Y/N, though. Why would she lie?

To my relief, I saw her walking toward me, the cool breeze in the air causing her long dark hair to flow in various directions. She tucked a strand or two behind her ear, revealing her face. My gut instinct told me that the slight pout formed by her lips was not a good sign.

"What's wrong, are you not happy to see me?" I teased lightly.

"I am...some kid just pulled a prank on me," she replied while getting in the passenger seat. "Where are we going?"

"My favourite café," I replied while starting up the car. "They sell the best coffee and pastries in Seoul." I saw Y/N's eyes get bigger after I mentioned coffee and pastries. She's basically a child.

I've just began to realize that my days only seem to get better with Y/N around me. I even almost forgot my encounter with Minhee because of her. It's probably because I know she won't take advantage of me like every other girl I've met, which now made me realize how heartless I was for the past two years. Y/N is too fragile and too angelic to be hurt by someone, which sends a pang of guilt through me knowing that I've only started to hang out with her because of some bet.

"Jimin, the light's green," I snapped back into reality when Y/N called out to me. Luckily I didn't cause any accidents or anything.

"Sorry...I spaced out for a second."

"Thanks, Captain Obvious," she scoffed playfully.

"What else would I have said?" I replied, confused.

"I don't know, maybe something like 'I'll try not to almost humiliate ourselves on the road next time,'" she replied.

"Hmmm, you're quite cheeky, aren't you, Y/N?" I laugh, trying to hide the fact that my heart has skipped a few beats.

"I'm just trying to keep my self esteem up here; I don't know about you," she chuckles in return.

"Oh look, we're here," I say, pulling into a spot before running over to open the passenger door.

"This is so cliché!" She laughed as she gently placed her hand in mine before walking out of the car.

"Hey, I'm just trying to keep my self esteem up here; I don't know about you," I playfully mock her, which earns me a bunch of slaps on the arm on the way to the café entrance.

~Y/N'S P.O.V.~

"Uh, this place is quite posh; are you sure this is a café, Jimin?" I ask him.

"It says Daum Café on the sign outside."

"More like café for rich ass teenagers," I say as we head on over to the counter.

"Good afternoon, Jimin. The usual?" The girl working here asks him, and he nods before looking back at me.

"Oh, it's my first time being here, so please give me a moment," I reply, bowing before looking back up at the menu.

"Excuse her, she's just a bit picky so it'll take some time," Jimin says before I slap him on the arm again.

"You know you love me for bringing you here though," he whispers in my ear before I firmly grab his wrist and say, "I'll have a caramel macchiato and a butter croissant, please."

"No problem, will that be all?" She asks us before we shake our heads and she receives Jimin's credit card.

"Your drinks will be up in a moment; have a nice day," she bows before we head on to find a table.