Chapter 28: Birthday

~Charlotte~

I felt better and my wound healed. Leaving a huge scar across my stomach. I then stand out of bed finally walking normally.

Up the stairs I walk into the second master bedroom and pull covers off of Venus. "No." She moans.

"Come on sleepy head, your 18 today."

She stares at me with sleepy eyes and gives me a hard look. "No. I'm not leaving this bed."

"Yes you are."
I pull her arm and she slides out of bed and falls on her side.
"Charlotte!"

"Sorry, breakfast is downstairs."
I closed the door and then return to the first floor of the house.

I find everyone eating in the dinning room and I stand there. Seth was barley touching his food. I couldn't blame him.

"Hey guys I want to adjust the elephant in the room."
They all looked up except for Seth. Who just kept looking at his plate of untouched baccon.

"We need to make Venus feel comfortable, let her have fun and forget about-" Seth then stares at me. He stiffens.

I then didn't say his name. "About what happened."

He then looked back down.

"So everyone let's act cool, and casual."

"Cool? Casual? What life are you living in Char?"
He said clenching his fists.

I then stare at him as did everyone else. Eli then looks at him, or maybe glares I couldn't tell.
"I just thought-"

"Yeah you thought wrong!"
He slams his fists on the table and stands up walking off.
Eli stands up almost about to follow him.

"Eli it's fine."
He then swallowed hard and then sat down slowly.

"We will agree to that. Seth, he's just going through a lot. He lost him too."
Said Mason and I look after where he stormed off.

He was outside on the porch and I decided to follow him.

Eli then goes over by me. "Where you going? You haven't eaten yet."

"I should check on him, he isn't taking this so well." He nodded and smiled.

At least tried.

Then I opened the door and shut it as I stepped out on the porch with him.
He had his back turned to me as I stood next to him.

His arms crossed.

"You have any idea what it's like to have to lose your brother over an over wondering if your ever going to get him back?"

I didn't say a word as he spoke.

"I have no idea what to do this time. I have nothing left no faith, no hope. Venus doesn't even have that."

I looked at him. "I do."
He then continues to stare out in space.

"Char, you are probably the happiest person on this planet. You have hope and faith all the time. You look at the world and think there's nothing to be afraid of."

"Your wrong I'm scared of everything. I was scared of dying and I always am scared of losing Venus."

He then looked down at his feet. "But your different."

"How?"

"You just are ok. You never had to live with guilt of killing someone."

"Seth I'm sorry."
He looks at me. ''For what?"