Chapter 18: Changed

~Aron~

"Ok I am here!" I shouted in the middle of the woods. "So show yourself."

He then did, approaching me as I roll my eyes. "You have to make a dramatic entrance every time?"

He chuckled. "Funny, alot of people like that. But is it enough to win Venus's heart forever?"

"What in the hell are you talking about? You stay out of my life!"
I point my finger angrily at him.

"Or I can tell you why Venus is the way she is."
I then removed my finger and listened.

"She was dying from rejecting that bite. Because of her capability of being a witch. Only one or the other. But I did someone a favor and just gave her life back."
He smirked real wicked at me as I study him carefully.

"What did you do? And what do you mean someone?"

"Oh come on, you still haven't figured it out yet?"
He steps closer to me as he watches my expression.

I then widen my eyes. "You didn't."

"I did. I turned her into the werewolf she was born to be. And that means when you guys which you will, figure out a emotional trigger for her. She will pick Seth not you. Because that was her mate, it will always be her mate."

"That's crap I'm not listening to this!"
I then begin to walk away as he grabs my arm.

"Might wanna stay I'm not finished."
I then remembered how strong he is, so I nodded.

"You know it's true Aron, your just not good enough for her. You'll always be a monster in her eyes no matter what."

''She loves me, stop messing with my head."

He then makes his lips into a line. "You still don't get it? Well brother I'm not the one messing with your head. She is. She has so much control over you and you can't stop it. Admit it, after all you have done she will just forgive you? Don't you think it keeps her up at night wondering if she made a mistake. She probably did."

Then I shake my head at him. "You better knock it off!"

"Aron open your eyes, she doesn't love you. Not like she loves Seth. She thinks your a killing machine, she wants you to be just like Seth look she has turned you into him. Gentle, stupid, weak, and most of all- Hopeless."

I then pushed him up against a tree. "You shut it right now!"

"You know it's true that's why your mad. Your scared to face it. She is turning you into Seth. She is making you someone your not."

I then didn't say anything.

"I think we both know that it's better if you let her go. Especially after you killing so many innocents leaving bodies across New York. Does she even know about that?"

I let go of his shirt and stared down at the ground. "It is better to be the true monster you are. Embrace it, don't hide from it."

Then I looked up at him. "Your a monster, I'm a monster. But there is a difference between us. I hate being what I am."

He smiled, "Well we have alot in common though brother. We both never give up, try not to feel, hate being hated, we hate being alone, and most importantly- we tend to lie a lot."

"So don't lie to the devil when you know he knows you better than anyone. He knows your darkest pleasures. That next time I ask you if you like being who your are. Don't lie to me again, because I know you love it."

I then stare blankly at him for a moment. Then turned away and headed back to the house.

~Charlotte~

Seth was missing but when I reached outside to go look for him. I found him walking back out from the woods.

"Hey where were you?"
I asked him as I became concerned.

"Me? I was nowhere. Out clearing just head taking a walk."

"Where's Aron?"
He then didn't look at me.

"I don't know."

"Seth I know your lying, you can't look at me when you lie."
I cross my arms at him and he pulls me aside.

"Here's the thing, he met up with Cameron. He wanted to find out what was wrong with Venus."

"And did he?"

"Turns out nothings wrong. She is a werewolf."

"Holy crap."
I mutter as he rambles on.

"So we are gonna have to fix the no humanity situation. Fast. Because I never seen her like this before."

"What if we can't?"

"I hope we can. I just-"
His voice trailed off

"What? Something bothering you?"

"Just something Cameron said, he was messing with Aron. Nothing important."

I nodded as I held his hand. "You ready?"

"Yeah let's go."
We stand up as I let go and just when I thought everything couldn't get worse.

It did.

I saw Seth's face shocked as mine was. He stared at me as he looked over my shoulder. Cameron holding a knife in my back.

I froze.

Then he disappeared as I began to fall but not before feeling strong arms holding me.

I opened my eyes and hear Seth. "Charlotte? Charlotte! It will be ok just breathe, keep your heart beating alright?"

I gasped for air over an over.
I then saw Eli running to me. "What happened!? Huh!"

"She was stabbed-"
Their voices fading cutting off.

"She is dying!" Shouted Eli, "Grab a towel and yank it out of her!"

"No it needs to be slow."
Seth was worried and I shut my eyes on and off.

Seth holding his palm up to my face.

"Charlotte stay with me. Don't close your eyes ok?"

He then held my hand. "Squeeze it if your in pain. I don't care if you break it I'll heal. I will take this out just lay on your side."

I knew they knew this was hard to do for me. But I had to. So I grunted in pain as I layed on my side and cried out.

"Ok ready?"
I then began taking it out as she nodded.

"Ahhhh!" I screamed so loud I felt my voice echo through the night.

"Were almost done."
He gestured Eli to move close to me.
"Calm her."

"Hey babe it's ok. I'm here."

"...Eli?"

Then it was out. "That's it. Towel."
Then Eli hands me it and I cover her wound immediately. "Go get the first aid kit. And leave, blood is all over her."

''I'm fine."

"You sure bec-"
He then growled at me. "I said I'm fine!"

I then nodded. And Aron was just standing in front of me as he stared down at me sadly and walked away.

***

Next time on DARK SOULS...

Aron: "We are killing Cameron. Tonight..."

Suicide Mission.

***