A Little Crush

"Hey daughts." Mum almost whispers as I walk into her hospital room and hug her before sitting down beside her.

"Hey mum how you feelings?" I asks.

"I'm good, might be coming home in a couple of days, which is good. Where's Mikey?" She asks a little disappointed.

"That's great mum! And he was busy.." I say awkwardly.

"You don't have to cover for your brother Billy, it's alright. I wouldn't want to come see me like this either." She sighs as she rubs her bald head.

"Mum don't say that." I interrupt her as I feel my phone vibrate in my pocket with a text from Ashton.

From Ashton :

Hey! Just wanted to make sure you didn't give me a random number! :) haha.

I smile at the text before replying.

To Ashton:

Hey, no haha it's me! =)

I close my phone before looking up at mum again.

"What boy's making my daughter smile like that?" She questions with a grin.

"He's just a friend mum." I say trying not to blush.

"Oh so it is a boy. Do I know him?" She asks trying to get any sort of information out of me.

"No you don't, he's names Ashton and his in Michael new band. He's really sweet and funny." I say blushing a little because I realised I've said too much.

"Does Michael know about your little crush?" She asks.

"No, there's nothing to know mum." I laugh a little as my phone buzzes again.

From Ashton:

Ok that's good :) just making sure. Was wondering if you want to do something later this afternoon?

I smile at the message and turn my attention back to mum who's looking at me intently.

"So, what did he say?" Mum grins wanting to know everything.

"Nothing really, just check he had the right number and umm....." I pause awkwardly.

"Umm what?" Mum says urging me to continue talking.

"He wanted to see if I was doing anything." I say shyly as mum screams like a little girl with excitement.

"You have to go!" She says excited.

"But I'm spending the day with you here." I sigh a little.

"It's fine honestly, go out and have some fun." She says smiling still excited for me.

"Are you sure Mum?"

"Yes! One hundred percent sure, he sounds really nice."

I quickly pull my phone back out and reply to Ashton.

To Ashton:

Sounds great. How does now sound?

From Ashton:

Sounds perfect. Where will I pick you up from?

To Ashton:

The hospital? If that's ok?

From Ashton:

That's fine be there in 5 minutes. :)

"So....?" Mum says stretching out the 'o' wanting to know exactly what's happening.

"He'll be here in 5." I say excited, jumping up and down in my seat a little.

(Five minutes later)