I'm Back

//Caution there's a bit of swearing in this Chapter//

Billy's POV:

Three days have passed and we are back at home. Today is Mum's funeral so we're all getting ready. The boys all stayed over at our house last night because they wanted to come to the funeral for some reason. I get dressed and ready before sitting down on my bed and looking at all the photos of Mum and me over my bedroom walls.

"How you holding up?" Ash asks walking into my room joining me on my bed.

"Yeah not too bad." I say with a fake smile.

"I can see right through that fake smile you know Billy." He says knowing me so well by now.

I just look down at my bed sheets avoiding the conversation not wanting to cry.

"Hey, don't cry." He says lifting my chin, looking into my eyes.

"I can't do this Ash." I say heartbroken.

"Yes you can, don't say that. You are so strong and I'm going to be right here next to you the whole time." He says as I smile back at him because of how understanding he is.

"Now come here." He says standing up and embracing me in a massive hug. His arms wrap around my waist as mine wrap around his torso. I feel his lips plant on my forehead and stay there for a while.

"You ready to go?" Michael asks from my bedroom door.

"Ready as I'll ever be." I sigh letting go of Ashton and walking to the car as we all get in and head to the funeral.

__________________

We get out of the car and I take a deep breath almost freezing for a moment.

"I'm not going anywhere." Ashton say grabbing a hold of my hand as we walk together towards the crowd of people before joining them in silence.

As people made up their up to do the speeches I zone out and lean my head on Ash's shoulder. I didn't pay any attention to what anyone was saying partly because I hated that people were crying and carrying on about old memories they shared with Mum when they barely knew her.

"Billy." Michael says snapping me out of my thoughts as I look over at him.

"You ready?" He asks as I nod and follow him up to the stage area where the microphones are.

We both pick up a guitar and start strumming before Michael starts singing.

It's alright to cry

Even my dad does sometimes

So don't wipe your eyes

Tears remind you you're alive

It's alright to die

'Cause death's the only thing you haven't tried

But just for tonight hold on

(I join Michael and we both sing together)

So live life like you're giving up

'Cause you act like you are

Go ahead and just live it up

Go on and tear me apart

It's alright to shake

Even my hand does sometimes

So inside the rage

Against the dying of the light

It's alright to say that death's the only thing you haven't tried