The Restaurant

||Hey guys, I really hope you like it! It's my first story I've written on Wattpad. Be honest with any feedback it's all appreciated! And please tell me what you think of the length of this chapter? There will be longer chapters though. And thank you again||

Billy's POV:

Tonight is not going to be fun. Sitting in a restaurant full of people I don't know, having to be happy and nice to them when I'd rather be at home eating ice cream and watching movies.

"Billy! Hurry up or we are going to be late!" Michael yells at me from down stairs.

"I'm coming, just 5 more minutes!" I yell back.

"No now, dinner starts in 10 minutes, dads already in the car!" He grunt back to me.

"Well just leave without me, I'm fine here."

I don't get a reply but hear Michael coming up the stairs to the bathroom where I'm straitening my hair.

"Michael. I don't want to go to your stupid dinner." I snap as he enters the room.

"I know sis but just come for me? The boys really want to meet you and this means a lot to me. It's the first time all our families have been together." He says calmly as he leans on the door frame.

"I just don't want to go to a "family" dinner without Mum." I sigh holding two fingers up in the air emphasising the word family.

"Me neither but she's not well and I need you there for support just as much as you need me." He says as I turn off the hair straightener not being able to procrastinate us leaving anymore.

"Thanks Mikey." I say hugging him as we walk out the door and towards the car.

____________________

We arrive at the restaurant and get out of the car, I can already feel my nerves kick in as we approach the entrance. Michael rubs my back to reassure me it will all be ok. We spot the table easily and walk over to the boys and their parents who are all sat around one massive table. They all rise from their seats in almost unison and greet the three of us. We finally take our seats, I'm seated between Mikey and Dad and I look straight ahead of me to a boy who catches my eyes.

"I'm Ashton!" He says enthusiastically reaching his hand out across the table as I shake it.

"Billy." I reply nervously.

"You and Michael really look nothing alike, are you sure you're twins?" He questions.

"I'm pretty sure yeah." I almost whisper before taking a sip from my lemonade and turning to Michael for help, giving him the look only a twin would get.

Michael quickly starts up a conversation with the boy named Ashton, saving me from an awkward situation.

Everyone's talking away except for me, Dad's having a deep conversation with everyone's parents about the boys signing with a label and just their band on general. While the boys are having an intense game of pool. I reach for my phone and pretend to be texting someone before going through old photos, I stop at a picture that makes me go almost numb and without second though I delete it not wanting the memories to come back. But the more I focus on wanting the memories to go the more I remember. My hands get clammy and I start to feel a little light headed.

"Dad, I'm just going out to get some air. Not feeling the best." I say excusing myself from the table.

"Sure darl, is everything alright?" He questions.

"Yeah, promise." I manage to get out before walking out the back to a small patio and sitting down on a bench.

I breath in the fresh, cold air of the night before letting a single tear escape my eye not bothering to whip it away.

"Why are you out here alone? The real parties inside." I hear a familiar voice say as I let out a little giggle.

"No for real, it's going off in there." He adds sarcastically.

"Hey Ashton." I sigh slightly still not making eye contact with him as he sits down beside me.

"So what's happening?" He asks referring as to what I'm doing out here alone.

"A lot of things." I sigh.

"I know how you feel." He says nudging my shoulder with his shoulder.

"I'm sure you do." I say a little sarcastically before glancing up at him quickly before looking away, realising I've just been crying.

His shoulder makes contact again with mine sending a cold shiver up my spin.

"Are you cold? Here have my jacket." He offers taking it off and wrapping it around me.

"Thank you." I almost whisper as my voice starts to crack again.

"What's really up Billy? I can tell you've been crying." He asks softly.

"If I could tell you I would, but I don't think we've got time." I reply.

"I've got plenty." He says tapping his watch.

"Billy! Let's go!" Michael yells from the door of the patio as both mine and Ashton's head turn around to face him.

"Maybe some other day?" I say turning back to Ashton, half happy Michael called me because I didn't feel like explaining my life to an almost complete stranger.

"I'll hold you to it." He jokes as I get up and walk towards Michael and out to the car.

"Shit! Dad wait." I say making Dad slam the breaks on at he's reversing out of the car park.

"What Billy! You scared the living daylights out of me." He says panicked.

"I forgot to give Ashton back his jacket." I say bolting out of the car and across the road to meet Ashton at the front steps.

"I almost forgot to give you back this." I say panting slightly handing him back his jacket.

"Any excuse to see me again." He jokes letting out a cute little giggle.

"You wish." I tease turning around and heading back to the car.

"I don't have to!" He yells to me as I get in the car and for once in a long time a big smile grows on my face.

"So what was that all about?" Michael teases.

"I honestly don't know?" I reply trying my hardest to hide my smile but failing miserably.