Chapter 12

'Who are they?...'

//Dallon's POV//

I didn't know what to think. It had really happened. She'd completely forgotten who two of her best friends were. It broke my heart to think about how Brendon and Ryan must've been feeling.

~~~~~~~~

"W-What do you mean?" Ryan asked her. "We're your best friends, Y/N."

She didn't get it. She truly had no clue whatsoever.

"I'm sorry. I don't think I've ever met you two before," Y/N spoke.

"This isn't happening. This isn't real...it can't be," Brendon panicked.

"It was bound to happen sometime," The doctor said. "With dimentia, you can't expect her to remember every person she's ever met. Even if you two are her best friends."

"Wait. So I do know you two?" Y/N asked.

"Yeah," I nodded. "That's Ryan. And that's Brendon," I pointed to the both of them.

"Oh," She looked down. "I'm sorry."

"No, don't be sorry. It's not your fault," I hugged her once again.

I knew she would eventually forget me. It had to happen sooner or later. I just didn't want to believe it. Then a thought popped into mind.

"It can't kill her, can it?" I asked.

"What?" The doctor said.

"Dimentia. Can it kill her?"

"No. It shouldn't kill her. She should be fine."

"Dallon," Y/N said. I looked down at her. "I wanna go home now."

"Ok. Let's go then."

~~~~~~~~

I was waiting for, but also dreading the day. The day when she would have no idea who the hell I was.

~~~~~~~~

I took Y/N home. Ryden decided to head back to their apartment. I stayed with her. She started pacing around her living room in a panic(!).

    She was mumbling things that were inaudible.

    "Y/N, what's wrong?" I asked her.

    "What's wrong? Everything's wrong, Dallon," She replied. "Dimentia can't be cured, so my memory is just gonna keep getting worse and worse and I'll forget even more important people in my life and—," She stopped talking. And started crying.

    "And what?"

    "And I'll forget you," She sobbed.

    I pulled her close to me and comforted her. I told her that everything was gonna be okay, but I knew it wasn't. I told her that she was gonna be fine, but I knew she wasn't.

    "Please stop crying," I told her.

    "Why should I? It seems to be the only thing that I can get right," She said.

    I lifted her chin up so that she was looking directly at me.

    "Stop that. Stop putting yourself down like that. None of this is your fault. So don't act like anything you're doing is wrong. Okay?"

    She nodded her head and hugged me tight.

    "Thank you, Dallon," She said. "For staying with me for this long. And for being so fucking amazing to me."