Chapter 10

Do not play the song until I tell you to.

//Your POV//

    If you were wondering how the rest of the night went....let's just say that....it was....a night...

    Now don't get me wrong. The double-date went extremely well, and it was still the best idea that I had ever had.

    But when you recount the events that happened AFTER the double-date....that's the part that could've gone better.

~~~~~~~

    "Hey guys!" Ryan shouted as he saw Dallon and I enter the Starbucks. "So are you guys excited? 'Cause if not, you better be. We've got tons of fun stuff planned."

    "Yeah we're definitely excited!" I said, trying my hardest to sound as happy as possible. "So what've you got in store for (your and Dallon's ship name)?"

    "Well, we were thinking what better way to get the fun started, than to do some karaoke!" Ryan beamed.

    "K-karaoke? But I'm not good at singing-."

    "Doesn't matter. We're here to have fun, not judge each other's skills!" Brendon interrupted me.

    "Um. Okay, I guess that's fine with me," I said, starting to get a little nervous.

    "Cool. I know a great place we could go that wouldn't kick us out for Ryan's awful singing!" Brendon joked.

    "HEY! WHAT DID I SAY ABOUT NOT BEING DISRESPECTFUL TOWARDS EACHOTHER?! DO YOU WANT THIS RELATIONSHIP TO GO DOWN THE FUCKING DRAIN LIKE YOUR PREVIOUS ONES?!?!" I yelled like a banshee.

    "NONNONO!" Brendon yelled, waving his hands in front of his face. "I'M SORRY FOR DISRESPECTING YOU RYAN! YOUR SINGING IS SO FUCKING BEAUTIFUL!!"

    Ryan just started laughing at the sight. And seconds later, Dallon and I joined him in his fit of hysteria.

~~~~~~~

    After that hilarious episode, we finally went to the karaoke place Brendon was talking about. I don't remember much of that moment we were there. I can only recall the second we walked through the doors, and seeing an entire ocean of people. Also, fortunately, I do remember the song I sang. And I remember it very well.

~~~~~~~

    I walked up those few steps leading to the small, round stage. I was terrified. I felt as though I were to have a panic! attack at any moment during the time I was just staring at the crowd of people.

    One person in that ocean stood out to me. It was like I'd known her already. But I knew that there was absolutely no way that would've been possible. Yet her face was so familiar, and I felt like I had to hate her for some reason. Even though I had no idea who the hell she was.

    Dallon noticed my staring, and he looked in the same direction as me. And his face held a plethora of emotions. I didn't understand.

    I decided that I had been hesitating long enough, and I finally started sing the song that I chose. It was one of my favourite songs in the entire freaking world.

    I shakily brought the microphone to my face, and started singing.

Play the song now.

And now, the end is near
And so I face the final curtain
My friend, I'll say it clear
I'll state my case, of which I'm certain
I've lived a life that's full
I traveled each and ev'ry highway
And more, much more than this, I did it my way