Chapter 9

//Your POV//

Shortly after Brendon and Ryan had their first date, and were confident enough to have another one, I came up with the greatest idea ever.

Sure, once you find out what I came up with, you'll all be like "oh no that's awful" or "this will be the cringiest and most awkward thing ever". But trust me on this one....it does get interesting....

~~~~~~~

"So I take it, the date went well?" I asked Brendon over FaceTime, at midnight.

"Actually, it was fantastic!" Brendon exclaimed. "It's amazing what can happen when you're not being a cringey piece of shit all the time!"

"Hehe! I knew my advice would help you two," I said, laughing.

"Yeah. It's because of you that I actually think Ryan and I can do this.... thanks Y/N. You're amazing."

"Yeah sure, whatever. Hey are you guys going on a second date?"

"Uh Yeah. Of course we are."

"Good because I just got the greatest idea EVER!"

"Oh no...what is it?" He asked, kind of fearful.

"What If...Dallon and I join you guys on your date!"

"Seriously? You do realize that all of your advice you gave us are just gonna go down the drain because of your guys' presence, right?"

"Haha, very funny. I'm being serious, Brendon! I think it would be lots of fun!"

"Okay fine whatever."

"Yay! And I promise not to let my advice go to waste, as long as you and Ryan can keep that promise too."

"Deal. It's a date then."

"YYYEEEEEEEEEEEEE," I screeched at the top of my lungs. And with that, Brendon immediately hung up, fearing that his eardrums would burst. I just laughed.

"WHAT'S GOING ON?! ARE YOU OKAY, Y/N?!" Dallon screamed/asked as he held me in a death grip.

"D-Dallon. I'm fine. Now please, I can't breathe," I said, struggling to get oxygen.

"O-Oh! S-sorry...but what was that scream I heard?"

"I was just talking with Brendon. About how Ryden and us should have a double date," I explained to the confused man.

"Oh a double date? That actually kinda sounds like fun," He said.

"Exactly. But apparently Brendon doesn't seem to think so because of how cringey we are. But don't worry, Dallon...we'll prove him wrong." I said, menacingly. "We'll show...um...whoever it was that I was talking about, that we can act like a normal couple!"

"Okay sounds good. And by the way, you were talking about Brendon," He said.

"RIGHT! BRENDON! That's what I meant to say!"

"Okay, you've just brought the world a whole new definition of weird."

"How so?"

"Uh- you just- forgot-.....oh never mind," Dallon sighed. I just shrugged my shoulders.

"Whatever..."

~~~~~~~

At that moment, I realized something. Something wasn't right with me. But I couldn't really figure out what. But for the meantime, I just shrugged it off and continued on with my day...or at least, what I could remember of it...

//DOUBLE-DATE DAY//

Ah yes. It was finally the day. The day that Ryden and (ship name for u and Dallon) would embark on our first double-date. And I was prepared to try and not be cringey.

~~~~~~~

Dallon and I were currently in an Uber. We were on our way to the place where we would meet Ryden....wherever that was... I was trying to remember. But suddenly my mind went blank. I couldn't even try to comprehend anything. And next thing I knew, I was in a place I didn't know with people I didn't know. But Dallon was there...which made me a bit more relaxed.

"So are you ready, Y/N?" Dallon asked me.

"Ready for what?" I was confused.

"For our double-date, Y/N," Dallon responded.

"W-what double-date?"

Dallon didn't respond. He just stared at me with the most worried expression on his face. And yet, I didn't understand why.

"W-What's wrong?" I asked. "And where the heck are we?"

"Y/N...can you really not remember?" He asked, as though he were about to freak out.

"Remember what? What are you talking about? I'm so confu-!" My brain stopped me from talking.

My mind went back to that blank state from before, and everything flashed a dark, crimson red colour. Then I was back in the Uber with the driver in the driver's seat, and Dallon right next to me.

"Y/N? Y/N?!" Dallon said my name in a very skittish tone.

"Huh?" I looked over at him, confused. "What's wrong, Dallon?"

He just continued to stare at me with a shocked and scared expression on his face.

"Y/N...something's wrong with you," Dallon looked like he was about to cry.

"No. There's nothing wrong with me. I'm perfectly fine."

"No you're not. You keep forgetting things...you forgot about Brendon and Ryan..."

"Oh that's just how I am. You know I'm not the best at remembering stuff."

"Yeah I know that. But you completely forgot who your best friends were. That's not normal, Y/N"

I was beginning to get worried.

'Maybe that's what's wrong with me...I'm forgetting things more than usual... my memory is even worse than I normally is...what's happening to me?'

"Okay. I guess that's a little problematic."

"A LITTLE problematic?! Y/N, that's absolutely terrible!" Dallon exclaimed.

"We're here," The driver said.

"Y/N, tell me where we are, or where we planned to meet Ryan and Brendon," Dallon told me.

"We're at Starbucks...where else would we be?"

"Okay....as soon as this double-date is over, we're taking you to the hospital," Dallon said, relieved that I could recall where we were supposed to meet Ryden.

"O-Okay."

We got out of the Uber, and went inside. We were immediately greeted by the two kinky lovebirds. They were talking about and explaining all of the things that they wanted/planned for us to do...while Dallon and I just pretended like nothing had happened at all just a minute ago.

~~~~~~~

To this day, I can't even tell you for sure what was wrong with me. All I was thinking at that moment was.....

'.....I'm scared...VERY scared....'