8: Slip of Paper

Chapter 8

Alex and I untangled ourselves and Alex helped me off the ground. So Sarah could explain while my parents excused themselves. My mother and father were coming to see what all the noise was about (me knocking over shoes and their shelves in my closet) when Sarah rang the front door bell. They all decided to come up stairs to my room, is what I eventually understood and that brings us to the present. After everything was figured out, Alex helped me straighten my closet then we all went downstairs. 

"So, ladies, would you like to go to for shopping and lunch?" Alex asked Sarah and I.

"Sure," I said answering for Sarah. Sarah did not look like she minded because she was smiling. We grabbed our shoes and purses and were ready to go. Alex opened the doors to his Mercedes Benz for us. I sat in the front of course next to Alex, who drove. Sarah sat in the back but consistently leaned over the seat to talk to us.

Alex had promised my security to take good care of me and because he did, we were allowed out without security guards in the car. We still had a car with guards following us.

First stop was our favorite shoe store, called Harrods’s. Well it was not just a shoe store. This store was a store of stores; you could practically find anything your heart desired in here. The shoes here were like heaven wrapped up in a box. We spent almost all of the morning in Harrods’s. Alex finally had to drag us out by the straps of our heels. Around two o'clock pm we went to lunch around the corner at a quaint little cafe, called The Grill and Griddle. 

It was a nice day out around high seventy's with a slight breeze so it was not overly humid out. We choose to eat outside on the patio. Alex being a gentleman first made sure Sarah and I were seated before seating himself, directly across from me.

Sarah and Alex both ordered chicken salads. While I choose to order a nice steak with potatoes, and a side salad. Sarah and Alex chatted merrily until the food came about life. It seemed to e as though they were flirting but I did not care. 

I was pondering my thoughts of what was on the slip of paper in my pocket. It is not like I could just whip it out in the middle of the restaurant. Too many questions from Sarah and Alex. Paparazzi were just waiting in the shadows for a good scoop.

Being now that I had chosen a fiancé, they are just waiting for me to cheat. I could not sneak off to the bathroom either because Sarah would come or a guard or something. I never had a moment of privacy. I would have to get a moment tonight. 

I threw myself into the conversation with more vigor than I usually which resulted in Sarah raising an eyebrow at me. 

Sarah was asking Alex about the wedding and the future. She did not seem very happy about the impending marriage anymore than I was. We were interrupted by the food being brought. We never mentioned a wedding the rest of the day.

After lunch came more shopping finally after a long day, we all headed to the palace. Alex went home but he said that would mostly like be back later. He had to handle some business of his own. Sarah was going upstairs to take a nap in one of the guest rooms. I decided to get some privacy that I would take a bubble bath.

I headed to my bathroom and changed into a fluffy robe but not before slipping the piece of paper out and into my robe pocket. I handed the maid my outfit from today.

It amazed me how she could wash my outfit and have it wearable and hanging in my closet by the time, I got out of the bathtub. Amazing, they were that good. 

I started the bath and sat down on the white fluffy rug, and leaned against the Jacuzzi tub. I had made sure to lock the door for ultimate privacy. Not that the maids would come in without knocking but Sarah or my mother would.