6: Masked Stranger

Chapter 6

Opening my eyes, I revealed a handsome, young guy in a midnight, black tuxedo, tie, and a matching mask. It being a masquerade ball for the last night and all would make sense for him to be wearing a mask.

The mask prevented me from knowing who he was though. I probably would not have anyways; I do not read the social papers and such to see which royal did what.

“Okay, strange young royal, what is your name?”

“You first,” he said.

“No, I asked you first,” I replied snottily.

“Well, then we shall both remain mysteriously unknown shall we.”

“We shall, but my next question is how did you find my secret spot?”

“Oh, I followed you, easy question.”

“Easy answer, except I checked that no one was following me before I slipped through the shrubs.”

“Obviously, not thoroughly though, because you managed to miss me,” the stranger replied cockily.

This guy seemed very sure of himself. It annoyed to no end. I really wanted to punch that smirk off his face.

“Whatever, why did you follow me? Stalker much?” I shot that snide comment at him.

“No, it is my duty as a man to protect women, when they wander off, or they could get into trouble, like you wandering off without security, for all you know I could have been a stranger trying to kidnap you for ransom.”

“Except you’re not,” I replied.

“How do you know?”

“You would have just told me your plan then and so you think you’re cocky, over arrogant, heroic man who just wants to get into every woman’s skirt. Great description of yourself, don’t you think so?”

“That’s one hell of a judgment to a book you have not even read much less known for five minutes,” strange man replied.

What is this guy speaking, gibberish?

“Did I confuse you; have you never heard the saying, do not judge a book by its cover?” He asked wearing his dumb smirk.

“Of course I have,” I lied looking up.

“You lie, you know how you looked up to the right, if you have looked up to the left, and you have been recalling a memory to the right means you lied. Plus, your pulse sped up when you lied.”

“I do so know the saying and how did you know all that?” I asked hotly.

“What did your mother never tell you that saying?” He asked me harshly and I decided to trick him.

“My mother died when I was only four,” I lied to wipe that smirk off his face. I also let a few fake tears slid down my face.

“Oh, I am sorry,” he said no longer smirking but grimacing.

After I acted sad and let him, suffer for a few more minutes I shouted out, “GOTCHA.”

“Wow that was a low hit. You let me feel bad for you.”

“So.”

“So, you are a dirty fighter and not the good kind of dirty,” he said with his smirk back.

“And you are a pervert.”

“You say that like it’s a bad thing.”

Oh my goodness, he is so cocky. The kind of guys I usually detest, they are only after one thing, and you know what that is. His blues eyes though sparkly and glittering. His sexy, blond hair was tousled as if it had been gelled then he had run his fingers through it when he got frustrated like now.