12: Gown Fit for A Princess

Chapter Twelve

Dinner continued but I was thoroughly distracted the whole meal so I had no idea what went on. Someone could have stripped down and done the chicken dance on the table and I probably would not have noticed. Well at least not right away. After dinner, the adults were sitting in the parlor sipping coffee when I excused myself to use the restroom. I used the bathroom near the kitchen, which was not near the parlor to give myself time to think. On my way back, Caesarion, Alex's father, stopped me.

"Beautiful night, isn't it Anne?"

"Yes, it is lovely out."

"Not quite as beautiful as you though," said Caesarion before stepping closer to me. He put his hand around my neck but not in the romantic notion. It was a violent movement.

"Thank you." I murmured quietly, looking away.

"Look at me," Caesarion commanded and I obeyed not wanting to anger him. It seemed as though he had quite a few drinks before he came and the two at dinner did not help. His other hand found my back and went lower until he gripped what he wanted to. 

"Excuse me Caesarion but your being inappropriate." I said looking directly at him. 

"Pardon me," Caesarion said as he brought his head down to kiss my cheek before moving lower with his lips and kissing my neck. I pushed him away and strode off, my destination the parlor. Before entering the room, I took a minute to compose myself. I put on my usual air of confidence before entering the room and sitting down next to Alex.

The excitement for the night was over and the night was winding down. Alex walked me to my room once his parents and Sarah left, and my parents were retiring to their room.

"So, Anne, did you maybe want to go bowling tomorrow just the two of us?" Alex asked holding my hands in his.

"Sure, after I am done with my stylist, I would love to," I said smiling actually happy for once. 

"Okay, it's a date. Goodnight Anne, sleep well." Alex said before kissing me and departing for the night.

It was eight o'clock in the morning when I awoke. I wandered down to the kitchen in my snoopy t-shirt, white pajama shorts and a fluffy robe. Bethany made me French toast, with a glass of milk. I started thinking about Ashton while eating and before you knew it, my plate was empty. Gosh I did not realize I was that hungry. Gulping down my milk, I thanked Bethany, our chef, and went to get dressed.

It was eleven o'clock when I was finally dressed. Rebecca, my stylist, would not be here until two pm so I decided to grab a book and go read in my favorite place. Before I knew it, it was quarter to two pm. On my way to my room, I noticed a table in front hall way held a box with an envelope, and my curiosity got the best of me. The plain, white envelope had my name written with Alex's handwriting. 

I concluded that because the envelope said my name, that I should open it. Inside the note read:

My Dearest Anne,

I hope you find this. I had to leave rather early this morning and did not want to wake you. My best man, Ashton, called for my help, something about a girl. Enjoy your day and I hope you find your gown and look forward to seeing you in it. I know you will look beautiful in it. Cannot wait for our first official date tonight.

Forever Yours,

      Alexander P. Fortunato

Why is he such a nice guy? Not only leaving a note but a box of milk chocolates, my favorites. He is too good for me, so sweet. It is clear he loves me, how will I ever love him back that much. Not even that how will I be able to say I do. In his note, he said something about Ashton his best man and a girl, I still wonder if that is my Ashton or not.