23: A Royal Wedding

Chapter 23

I woke up the next morning, after my blissful dreams about Ashton and I just going away to a deserted beach and just sitting there until the sunsets wrapped in each other's arms. Today, was the big day that everyone has been planning for, not just for a month but twenty-one years. I was awaken at eight am to begin the long process to get ready for the ceremony.

Sarah and I were taken from our rooms to the limo where breakfast was waiting. Yum, blueberry bagels with cream cheese and bottles of juice.

We ate breakfast on our ride to the salon were our hair and make-up would be done. The Wedding Ceremony was to begin at 2pm exactly. Once in the salon, Sarah and I each got our own chairs and the hair stylist came out to begin doing Sarah's hair. I had a specific hairstyle that I wanted and my personal stylist was doing that when she got here. She must be running  a few minutes late.

Finally, it was nearing ten o'clock, she was an hour late. I was getting nervous, what if she did not show. I would have to just settle with the stylist here but could she understand what I wanted done with my hair if tried to convey what I wanted. Probably not. I never could get people to understand what goes on in my head except for...Ashton.

I have tried all morning to distract myself so that I did not let my thoughts stray to the big confusing mess with Ashton, Alex and the dreaded word, Love. I just thought of my beautiful wedding, the guest list and I even went so far as reciting my vows over and over. I still know that I will stumble or something will cause a downfall of the wedding. I just have that kind of luck. Bad luck.

Finally, at ten fifteen, my hairstylist, Jenny showed up. 

"Jenny, where have you been?" I asked becoming a little bit of a bride-zilla.

"I apologize sincerely Anne, traffic was very bad." Jenny said setting down her bag and getting to work right away. Sarah was beginning to get her make-up done at this point. She looked absolutely tired but then again, I did not look so good myself. This week has been stressful, what am I talking about this whole month has been stressful. 

Why can't I go back to that blissful morning before I knew that I had to marry someone within two months? Before, I met Ashton or Alex, or any other bachelor. Life was peaceful and so much easier.  Before all the secrets, Alex's dad coming off to me, Ashton and I kissing last night, my lasting love for Peter.

Love and heartbreak just seemed to run my life now. I wish to go back to childhood, when I was a mere four years old and would run on the beach in just a diaper. Charlotte, my babysitter, and forever nanny would chase me trying to get me to put on one of the annoyingly itchy outfits that I would always strip out of. 

Four years old was such an easy and enjoyable age. Twenty, now that was a totally different story. This is what occupied my mind as I sat in the salon chair. I was completely zoned out because before long, I was snapped out of my thoughts by Sarah and Jenny ooh-ing and ahh-ing at how I looked. 

I looked in the mirror and could not even tell it was myself, I never bothered with make-up or pampering myself. I was more of a tomboy must to my mother's dismay. My blue eyes were make to by my most prominent feature, they popped with just the proper amount of mascara and eye shadow. My cheekbones were tinted pink, which just added to the blush I would have on my cheeks when the wedding night was talked about.

My lips had a pink lipstick on them with a little bit of sparkle. Instead of the usual thin lips with no color, I had plump, juicy lips. I should have let Jenny do my make-up like this more often. Guys, flocked to me because of my natural beauty or so I was told but I wonder what this would do to the guys.