2: A Daring Escape

Chapter 2

Sarah, my best friend, walked in the door. Sarah had a mischievous grin on her face when she entered my room. Whenever Sarah is grinning like that, I know that she is totally and irrevocably up to no good. The wheels in her mind were spinning and she was planning something huge. I sure hope that it did not involve me, last time it involved me, and mother grounded me for three weeks. That is a completely different story though.

"Sarah, whatever you’re thinking cannot be a good idea."

"It's not just an idea, it's a whole scheme."

"Whatever it is, I do not want to know, I already have enough on my mind."

"Fine, I wasn't going to tell you anyways." I rolled my eyes at this.

"Okay, so what do you want to do tonight?" I asked Sarah.

"Are your security guards going to let us have any fun tonight?" Sarah questioned.

"Probably not."

They never let us out of the house to do anything, which means Sarah had multiple escape plans, once it included a shovel and digging a tunnel from my room, except my room is on the third floor. 

"Good, that means you will just have to sneak out, here's the plan, I'll get my car and pretend to leave for the night after staying for dinner to not be suspicious looking, then later you will sneak out and I'll pick you up around the corner. How does that sound?"

"Well, it sounds like it will never work but I am willing to give it a try. If all else fails then we can just stay home and watch a movie."

A movie sounded great to me right now, because that would not end in my being grounded. 

"Quit worrying, we will be fine."

"Whatever let's go and get some dinner."

Off to the dining room, we went to eat with my parents. Sarah exchanged pleasantries with Queen Kate and King William, my parents. They of course drew on the past that they had known her since she was in diapers and her family longer, and that she should just call them Mr. and Mrs. Windsor. I cannot stand all this talk so I manage to tune them out until Bethany brings out the first course.

A salad, can I tell you how much I hate having all this fancy course stuff, what I would kill for were a normal family meal like the Americans do. About a billion courses later, we were excused from the table.

Sarah took my clothes and did her fabulous act of leaving. She was especially enthusiastic about leaving especially giving her goodbye greeting to all of my security guards, my parents and most of my staff, a little too enthusiastic on her part. I especially thought she would give it away when she winked at me while saying that she was leaving for the night and would not be back. 

Finally, after her performance, twenty minutes later, I did my daring escape. It consisted of walking out the back door, saying I was going for a walk in the gardens and I would be back in fifteen minutes. Little did they know that, I would not be back for hours? Once out of the security guards line of view, I sprinted to the back of the property and finding the trellis in my secluded spot. I climbed up and swung one leg over followed by another. 

The wall surrounding our property on the east dropped off into a park. The south or back of the property was the lake and the west side of our property was next to a large wooded area. I ran through the park and finally reached the street corner. I practically threw myself into Sarah's car and did not look back, well except a little sneak peek to make sure I was not being followed.