♣ Chapter 26 ♣

♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣

♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣

___________________________________

          Megan slumps in my arm, now unconscious. Throwing her over my shoulder, I quickly take her down to The Forbidden Room where I gently place her inside the crate, which is padded with red, velvet cushions for comfort.

          I mean, it's the least I can do. I'm not a monster.

          With her rhythmic breathing, she looks so peaceful in her sleep. Cupping her face, I stroke her cheek with my thumb, smiling softly.

          "When you wake up, we'll be in paradise," I mumble, and then lean down to kiss her cheek. "Austin, let's go!" I shout, standing as I shut and lock the crate. The word "Fragile", at the top, stares me in the face.

          Damn sure that's right!

          Quickly, Austin rushes into the room and assists me in carefully transporting the fragile package down to the waiting limousine. With ease, we slip the crate into the large trunk of the vehicle and shut it.

          I slip into the backseat next to Molisha, who watches me out of the corner of her eyes.

          "What is it?" I ask.

          "Nothing, Sir," she says, not wanting to meet my gaze. "I shouldn't be questioning your motives."

          Placing my hand on her shoulder, I smile. "If there's something I've done that is bothering you, then please, tell me."

          Molisha takes a deep breath. "Okay." She looks up at me. "Is the girl...inside of that crate?"

          "Yes, she is."

          "Why couldn't she just travel in the car with us?" she asks, frowning deeply.

          "Well, technically, she is in the car with us," I reply with a soft chuckle.