♣ Chapter 16 ♣

♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣

♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣

____________________________________

          Clearing my throat, I stare at Chloe, a smirk plastered on her face as she crosses her legs. We're sat in the dining room to discuss how we are going to move on with this "rekindled" relationship. In front of us is dinner she'd prepared: macaroni and cheese and Spanish rice with baked chicken in pineapple sauce.

          "So..." I say.

          Chloe sniggers. "Yes? Is there something you'd like to say? I guess you're wondering what we're going to do, now that I might be pregnant."

          I scowl at her. I watch her as she casually chews on her food and she hums the tune of a familiar song. Tilting my head and frowning, I survey her face. She seems way too calm about all of this.

          Unless...

          My eyes go wide as a revelation hits me. "You," I grumble, causing her to look up at me.

          She flashes me a smug look before feigning cluelessness. "Hm?" she says.

          "Oh, don't pretend you didn't just hear a word I said. You planned this, didn't you?" I ask, infuriated, rising from my chair, clenching my hands into fists. "Why'd you do it?"

          Chloe arches an eyebrow and sits back in her chair, crossing her arms over her chest. "Well, I think we should start a family. Don't you?"

          "No! I only agreed to get back together with you; family isn't in the equation!" I yell.

          "Vincent, there's no need to raise your voice," she says, pulling a sad face.

          "How do you even know you might be pregnant? You haven't even taken a test yet," I say, standing upright and placing one hand on my hip and outstretching the other in her direction. "There's just no way."