Prologue: Chapter 00

As the bus made out of the independent city of Cabanatuan, the tall skyscrapers replaced the small houses they were passing by for more than twenty minutes. There were well dressed men and women walking down the streets. There were also students going home from school, wearing their complete school uniform.

There were fourteen buses: thirteen buses for the students at the College of Engineering and the other one was for the professors. The first night trip of Nueva Ecija University of Science of Technology-College of Engineering - well, as for the students - was really fun.

Evan Lee Wagan (Student B17-E1H, Nueva Ecija University of Science and Technology-College of Engineering, Class E1-H, Cabanatuan City) was sitting by the window on the fifth row of the bus. He was sitting next to his best friend, Jhonathan Arvijay Fajardo (Student B06-E1H). As always, they're both quiet.

Evan's friends, Paolo Hans Oanes (Student B03-E1H), Katya Maniquiz (Student G07-E1H), Katherine Joi Anagao (Student G39-E1H), Ma. Katheleen Fuentes (Student G18-E1H), Marjori Marquez (Student G19-E1H), and Sarah Jae Costales (Student G40-E1H) were laughing out loud just behind them. Looks like Lorelie Salva (Student G23-E1H) cracked another joke, he thought. So sad he didn't heard what she said.

Some of his friends were just across their seat. Jholina Bhaby Pangilinan (Student G15-E1H), Renza Brigette Pasamonte (Student G27-E1H) and Laarnie Guzman (Student G16-E1H) were busy doing their own business.

In front of their seat was the boy's group.  Their leader, Herald Ian Manzano (Student B05-E1H), was sitting at the front of the bus. He was always silent and speaks a little only if he's asked. John Elmer Zinampan (Student B26-E1H) asked Herald something. He didn't hear what Elmer asked and he didn't care either. Herald's group consisted most of the boys in their class.

At the back, there were the other girls talking to each other. Lyka Jane Ganias (Student G30-E1H) was laughing again. Her usual witch-like laugh can be heard inside the bus. Geraldine Dumayag (Student G36-1H), Kizzie Louisse Tomas (Student G14-E1H), Zsanika Dingle (Student G04-1H) and Angelica Vicencio (Student G10-E1H) were also laughing. Angelica was sitting beside her lover, Eliezar Rosti Barnachea (Student B11-E1H).

"Hey, Evan," said Paolo.

He turned his body around and knelt on his seat. He raised his left eyebrow.

"What?" he asked.

"You two are so quiet," he said.

"Well, we don't have much to talk about," he answered.

"Come join us," he said.

He looked down at Jhonathan and bumped his left shoulder. He took off his earphone plugged in his ears.

"What?" he asked.

"C'mon Nathan, let's join them," Evan said.

"No thanks, you go ahead," Jhonathan replied.

"C'mon, don't be like that," Evan said.

Jhonathan shook his head and plugged back his earphone and closed his eyes. Evan looked back again at Paolo.

"I think he's a bit cranky this afternoon," Evan whispered.

His friends giggled and then laughed. Evan slid down to his seat again, smiling.

He saw their class president, John Emarson Abres (Student B01-E1H), who stood up from his seat at the front. He clapped his hands three times and shouted.

"E1-H! I forgot to mention that our Christmas Party will be on December 20! That's all," he said and went back to his seat.

The commotion in the bus started up again. It almost made Evan laugh out loud. He looked at the front and noticed a student from the higher year. That student was talking to Aaron Tablada (Student B02-E1H), their class vice-president.