Part 2: Chapter 25

“A pleasant evening to everyone,” a low-voiced man said.

Paolo and his comrades just stared in blank space. They still can’t get over with the incident. Their questions still not yet answered.

“On our dead list, we have two females! Number 15, Pangilinan and number 19, Marquez, looks like betraying someone has a large amount to pay,” said the man.

All of them were shocked at what the man said. Did they betray each other? Paolo thought. He slowly took out his map inside his daypack, the others did the same.

“Now for the danger zones, an hour from now, B=6, then from 8 PM, D=5, then at 9 PM, F=8, then at 10 PM, J=8, then at 11 PM, C=10, then at exactly midnight, I=10. That’s it for today!” and once again, his voice was never heard again.

Hans stood up from the sofa, “I’m just going outside to get some fresh air, who’s coming with me?” he said.

“Me,” Laarnie said.

“I’m coming too,” Sarah said. Hans looked around the room.

“I’m just staying here,” Lorelie replied.

“Okay, just stay here,” Hans said to them. He opened up the door and the four of them walked outside. The cool night breeze entered the room and it gave chills to everyone.

“I’m going up the lighthouse, I also need some fresh air,” Katya stood up and she took her original weapon, Beretta 92.

The four remained inside the living room. Katheleen was hugging her knees in the far corner of the room while Joi was busy braiding Lorelie’s hair. Renza carefully looked at the three; she needs to know what words to say to them.

“Say, Renza,” Joi said.

“What,” Renza absent-mindedly said.

“Do you think we can survive this game?” she asked.

“No, there should be only one winner,” Renza replied.

Joi didn’t reply after that. Renza stood up and walked to the three, she then sit down at the small chair in front of Joi and Lorelie.

“I hate to say this, but,” Renza started.

The three looked at Renza with a surprised look.

“What?” Lorelie asked.

“I heard Hans talking to Sarah lately, they are going to kill you,” Renza said.

“What?” the three said in unison.

“They want to kill you, they want to survive,” Renza repeated.

“So they want us dead, huh,” Lorelie said.

Renza nodded slightly, Lorelie took out her weapon, a CZ 75. Lorelie’s face suddenly flushed red; you can tell that she’s really mad. Renza looked at Joi and Katheleen. Katheleen stood up and took her Uzi at the kitchen table. Even though Joi’s weapon is a bit useless, she took out her Derringer in her pocket.

“Wait, what are you guys doing?” Renza asked them.

They didn’t answer Renza’s question. They all looked at each other with an evil look.

20 students remaining