Part 1: Chapter 15

• Dedicated to Khixietot'xz Louisse

The fire coming from the chapel can be seen throughout the entire island. A thick smoke was engulfing the southern part of the island. Patrick Bedaña (Student B38-E1H) started running to the site. He was carrying his daypack in his left shoulder.

"Please, don't be her," he prayed.

He was looking for Kizzie Louisse Tomas (Student G14-E1H) right after he got out of the school. He arrives at the chapel. The chapel was burning down, there was fire everywhere. A part of the roof collapsed, it created a shattering sound. Patrick started to run inside the burning chapel. He was shocked at what he saw.

"No way," he said.

The path to the altar was covered with fire. There was oversized debris blocking the way. He noticed an arm and a puddle of blood under the debris. He felt like he was going to pass out but he can't let that happen.

He ran to the other side of the chapel then he smashed the window. He looked to his right and he noticed that there’s a shattered window already. He scratched his head and ignored his dumbness. He put down his daypack outside then he jumped inside the chapel. His mouth fell wide open when he saw a corpse resembling Lyka Jane Ganias (Student G30-E1H).

He approached the corpse. His eyes widen at the sight of Lyka's remains. The left side of her upper body was blown into bits and her brain was falling out from her head. The remaining part of her uniform was stained with blood.

"What happened here?" he asked himself.

He heard some groans nearby. He turned his head left then right. He noticed something moving at the altar.

"Help," said a female voice.

He suddenly recognized that voice. His heart started to beat fast. He rushed to the survivor and he lifted her body. He turned the body of the girl, to his surprise, a river of tears started to flow from his eyes.

"Kizzie," Patrick muttered.

Kizzie opened her eyes and she smiled.

"Patrick? Is that really you?" Kizzie said in a daze.

"Yes, it's me," Patrick answered.

"What are you doing here?" Kizzie asked.

"I'll explain to you later, let's get out of here first," Patrick said.

"Okay," Kizzie replied.

Patrick carried Kizzie to the window he smashed. Patrick put Kizzie down for a while and he jumped outside.

"Can you stand?" Patrick asked.

"I think so," Kizzie answered.

Kizzie slowly stood up. Her knees were shaking from pain and dehydration. Patrick put his hands in her waist and lifted her up the window.

The two of them fell down on the grass. Patrick helped Kizzie sit on the grass. Her breathing was very fast.

The light coming from the fire made Patrick to see Kizzie in the night. Patrick noticed patches of blood at her shoulders and chest. The blood won't stop flowing.

"What happened to you? Who did this?" Patrick asked.

"Herald, be careful with him," Kizzie answered.

"Okay, I will," Patrick said.

She vomited blood on the ground. She felt her heartbeat started to slow down. She looked at Patrick.

"Are you alright?" Patrick asked.

"I think so," Kizzie answered.

"C'mon, just tell me please," Patrick said.