Part 1: Chapter 01

• Dedicated to Lyka Jane Ganias

The soldiers rushed out of the room and left the students sleeping on the desks inside the classroom. Evan Lee Wagan (Student B17-E1H) woke up in a daze and scanned around. He was totally confused whether he was in a classroom or he's in a field trip with his classmates?

He looked at his left side and saw Ma. Katheleen Fuentes (Student G18-E1H) sleeping heavily. He looked to his right and saw Laarnie Guzman (Student G16-E1H).

“Strange,” he muttered.

He scratched the back of his neck and felt something hard and cold. He looked at Laarnie's neck and saw a metal necklace but it looked like a collar than a necklace.

He started to feel nervous. He looked at the front row and saw the class officers laying their faces on their desks. Wait, desks? He thought. He scanned the room, the walls looked old and the ceiling was falling apart. He looked at the front and there's a white board on the wall.

There were also two large speakers hanging on the wall. "What are these for," he thought.

He scanned the room again and noticed that the sitting arrangement was the same arrangement in their Math class. Evan noticed someone moved at the front row. He looked at the person. Jhonathan Arvijay Fajardo (Student B06-E1H) lifted up his head. He looked around and he caught Evan staring at him.

“What?” Jhonathan asked.

"You okay?" Evan said.

"Think so," Jhonathan replied.

"Touch your neck," Evan pointed to his neck.

Jhonathan raised his left eyebrow then he touched his neck. His eyes suddenly widen with fear. His hands were shaking now. Evan looked at his classmates and they started to wake up. The room was now filled with questions like: Where am I? Is this part of the trip?

 The speakers started to screech and all of the students covered their ears.

"Okay, good evening class," said a man with a low-voice through the speakers.

No one responded. All the students looked at each other with a horrified look.

"As you all know that you're in a field trip right?" the man said.

"Yes," the students said in unison.

"Well, right now, you will not be able to join the trip," the man replied.

"What? We paid a big amount for that!" Paulo Abergas (Student B09-E1H) shouted.

"Yeah, and why are we here, anyway!" Lorelie Salva (Student G23-E1H) added.

The students started to make their complaints to the guy.

"Okay, settle down, settle down," the man said.

Evan sees Aaron Tablada (Student B02-E1H) raised his right hand then stood up from his seat.

“I have a question,” Aaron said.

"Yes, what is your question?" the man asked.

"Where the hell are we?" Aaron asked.

"Good question, please sit down now," the man said.

Aaron slowly sat back to his seat. How that guy knew that Aaron is standing? Maybe there are cameras here, Evan thought.

"You are in Taya Island in the Province of Batanes; this island also is the northernmost island in the country. It is just a few kilometers away from Taiwan and you can see its light from here," he answered.

This answer shocked Evan. He raised his right hand then stood up; he felt that he imitated Aaron.

"Mr. Wagan, what is it?" the man said to him.