Part 3: Chapter 34

As the clock struck 8, a loud ring came from the school. The students, still anxious, slowly walked towards the school grounds. John Paolo Jacinto (Student B35-E1H) was the first one to step on to the school zone. He was forced by Alner to be the first to go. Luckily, Paolo's collar didn't made a noise. The other students also noticed Paolo slowly walking towards the school building. When they saw that Paolo's collar didn't act up, they all slowly emerged from the forest.

Renza Brigette Pasamonte (Student G27-E1H) tread carefully as she was observing all the other survivors. The first ones she noticed was Evan and Rendel, an unusual pair, being awfully close. The next ones were Alner's group, she noticed how Alner's hands were tightly closed and a few streams of blood can be seen between his hands. 

She also saw Katya and Jhonathan Arvijay Fajardo (Student B06-E1H) on the far right side of the building. She noticed that Katya was glaring at her while Jhonathan just looked down. Her eyes widen with rage as she saw Herald Ian Manzano (Student B05-E1H) walk towards the school. His gun was hanging on his right shoulder, even though the announcement said that killing would be prohibited during the time they're within the school zone, she can't help but be really alert in front of Herald.

I will definitely get revenge on that guy, Renza thought to herself as she remembered what he did to Laarnie Guzman (Student G16-E1H).

Renza jumped in surprise as she felt a hand touched her left shoulder. She quickly turned around and it was Evan and a few steps behind him was Rendel. Evan just smiled at her as she nervously smiled back.

"It's been like a day since we last seen each other, huh," Evan finally spoke.

"Yeah, I see that somehow you're still alive," Renza replied.

Evan chuckled at her response, "Well, I could say the same thing to you."

Renza looked behind Evan and she also greeted Rendel. Rendel just smiled a bit and nodded in response.

"Well, I'll go talk with Katya and Jhonathan, wanna come over to them?" Evan asked.

"Oh, uh, no, I'm good," Renza slowly walked away from Evan without even thinking.

Evan raised his eyebrow as Renza suddenly walked away. He just shrugged it off as he went over to Katya. Katya, however, was still glaring at Renza. Her glare was interrupted when she noticed a hand was waving close in front of her eyes. She looked to her right and she finally noticed Evan.

"Oh, Evan, it's you. How are you?" Katya asked.

"I was calling you and all you did was stare at Renza," Evan replied.

"Oh, uh, sorry," Katya now faced Evan properly.

"So, did something happened between you and Renza?" Evan moved a little bit closer to Katya.

"Well, it's a long story-" Katya was about to answer when Evan interrupted him.

"What's the short version then?" Evan said.

Katya sighed as she quickly debated whether she would tell Evan or not, but she chose the former. "Renza, that bitch, betrayed us," Katya answered. Evan's eyes widen in surprise as Katya continued to speak.

"She made Hans and the rest kill each other and she fled the site," Katya added. Evan just fell silent.

"Oh, is that what happened?" Katya and Evan quickly turned their head towards Herald.

"I did saw Renza chasing Laarnie two nights ago," Herald added.

"Wait, so you know the whole story?" Evan asked Herald.

"No, I don't know what happened to Hans but all I said was I saw Renza chasing after Laarnie," Herald answered.

"And what happened after that?" Katya moved closer to Herald.

Herald paused slightly to think what he's about to say. "I don't know, but there was a sound of a gunshot," he finally blurted.

Katya felt her rage towards Renza. She wanted to kill Renza at that moment but she remembered that killing is prohibited during this time period. Herald then slowly walked away from Evan and Katya. Evan observed Katya's sudden change in her face, he could clearly see that she's angry.

Evan knew at that moment that Katya needed some time alone. "Well, I'll just go over to Jhonathan, hope we could talk again afterwards." Katya didn't answered but she slightly nodded her head. Evan turned around and walked towards Jhonathan.

"Hey, how are you?" Evan greeted Jhonathan. Jhonathan jumped in surprised and quickly looked up at Evan.

"Oh, I'm still okay, for now, I guess," he replied. He quickly scanned Evan's clothes and he noticed a few blood stains at his collar and at the hem of his polo. Jhonathan began to have a panic attack after he saw the stains. Evan quickly noticed Jhonathan's sudden difficulty in breathing. He quickly kneeled down to check on Jhonathan.

"Jhonathan, are you okay?" Evan asked.

"W-where did you get t-those b-b-blood stains?" Jhonathan replied. Evan quickly looked down at his collar and noticed the dried blood.

"I actually cut my head yesterday and it trickled down to my collar, it's nothing serious," Evan quickly answered.

"Even t-the blood at t-the h-hem of your po-polo?" Jhonathan added.

Evan looked at the hem of his polo and there was indeed blood on it but he couldn't remember how he got them. Was it during the time he killed Harisse and Rocky? He doesn't know. Evan quickly looked at Jhonathan's eyes.

"Yes, it's also from one of my injuries, so calm down," Evan reassured Jhonathan.

Jhonathan's breathing slowly became normal as he was convinced with Evan's answers. Evan massaged Jhonathan's back as he tried to breath slowly. Evan noticed that Robin Villanoza (Student B50-E1H) was running towards them.

"What happened?" Robin asked.

Before Evan could answer, the school door opened and a general walked out. There were more soldiers that followed and they formed two lines facing each other. They are holding their guns in case any of the students went rogue.

The general took a deep breath and shouted, "All students will go inside their classroom!"

10 students remaining