Chapter 42

Wow, one week since the last chapter. Am I on a roll?

-_____-Third Person Point of View -_____-

"We should get this over with now." Itachi states.

"I know, it doesn't make it any more pleasant," Naruto replies.

"I am well aware," Itachi replies.

"Boar call for a council meeting," Itachi ordered.

"After you," Naruto states, holding the door open for Itachi.

"Thank you," Itachi states walking out the room.

-_____-Twenty minutes later-_____-

"Hello. As some of you may have noticed by now, I have called for an emergency meeting." Itachi states to those around him.

"May I ask what this meeting is about Itachi?" Danzo requests.

"Please refer to me as Hokage-Sama. Regardless, this meeting is going to focus on a recent discovery." Itachi states.

"What could have possibly been important enough to call for a council meeting?" Danzo asks, poorly veiled sarcasm spilling out.

"To keep this short, Hatake Kakashi has returned." Itachi states.

"Took him long enough, you shouldn't have allowed him to stay out of the village that long in the first place." Danzo snaps.

"Hatake Kakashi was not returned by his free will," Itachi states, earning surprised looks from the clan heads.

"Who do you think was strong enough to beat Hatake-San?" Shikaku asks, an idea already struck into his head.

"Namikaze Naruto has returned to the village." Itachi states.

"Namikaze Naruto was presumed dead, wasn't he?" Danzo questions.

"That is correct. However, Namikaze Naruto was knocked unconscious from a jutsu unknown to him. When he regained consciousness, he began his trek back to the village." Itachi explains.

"Are you sure that it was Namikaze Naruto and not just someone who is using his name to get close to you?" Danzo interrogates.

"Of course. We have questioned Naruto and have decided that it was the true Naruto." Itachi states.

"Not to be rude, but why should we care?" Tsume asks.

"I requested this meeting for another reason as well." Itachi states.

"And what would that reason be?" Danzo asks.

"I would like to create a clan," Naruto announces, causing multiple people's faces to twist into confusion.

-_____-Later-_____-

"Kakashi-Sensei have you even trained?" Naruto asks.

"Take your laughs now. Once I beat you into the dirt, I'll be the one laughing." Kakashi states.

"Sure, you'll win if Itachi interferes." Naruto goads.

"I am afraid that I will have to interfere." Itachi interrupts.

"Well golly, I didn't think Naruto was strong enough to take both of us on, Itachi," Kakashi states sarcastically.

"You are correct; he is not strong enough to take on both of us. But I am strong enough to take on both of you." Itachi states.

"So that's what this is?" Naruto questions.