Chapter 40

-_____-Third Person Point of View -_____-

"Well, that was an unexpected outcome to a fight I should have won." Naruto states to himself, cross legged sitting on the ground.

"Is that all you have to say?" The Kyubi asks.

"I am sorry Kyubi-San for the heavy and sudden usage of your chakra, we both know that I do not enjoy using it." Naruto apologizes.

"That took up enough chakra to fuel three Biju Dama's." The Kyubi states, glaring down at Naruto.

"Yeah, yeah. Go back to sleep, rest up your chakra. I'm going to go see where we ended up." Naruto states.

"Don't lose again." The Kyubi warns, before kicking Naruto out.

-_____-The Real World -_____-

Naruto's body suddenly surged, the only other person around jumping in shock at the sudden movement. Naruto's eyes opened, blue irises meeting curious green eyes. "And here I thought I was given a corpse." The female mutters, wondering what to do with the newly awoken Naruto.

"Hello. I am sorry if this may seem rude, but where are we?" Naruto asks, realizing slowly that he couldn't feel his Konohagakure headband on his body... or anything on his body for that matter.

"Shouldn't you know. It's not every day that a naked and near dead child appears on our footsteps." She replies sarcastically, trying to get information on this stranger.

"I do not know what happened or how I got here." Naruto states, a little bit of a lie in the mix.

"Anyways, what day is it currently?" Naruto asks.

"It is February the twenty-fourth." She replies, studying his response.

"That is odd. I swear it should be the twelfth. Have I honestly missed two weeks?" Naruto asks, confused as to how he lost that long.

"I guess so. Are you certain that you have no recollection of how you got here?" She asks, honestly wondering whether he was trying to trick her or not.

"Well. Since I do not know where we are, I'm going to have to guess no." Naruto replies.

"Where were you last?" She asks.

"I believe that I was in Konohagakure." Naruto replies honestly.

"Konoha, that's quite the distance." She comments.

"Where am I now?" Naruto asks, eyes narrowing slightly.

"Don't get feisty, you're only in Kirigakure." She replies.

"I haven't been keeping up with that war, did the rebellion win, or did the Fourth Mizukage pull through?" Naruto asks.

"The rebellion beat the Mizukage's regime, we are currently in the process of rebuilding." She states.

"Oh. That's good to hear, almost thought that he would continue his awful lead." Naruto replies.

"Anyways, what should we do with you?" She asks.

"Get me clothes and allow me to leave." Naruto states.

"That will be a no deal. I am going to report you to the officials, and try to find out who you are, and what you may actually be here for." She replies, chopping the back of his neck, before dragging of his body.

-_____-Years earlier -_____-

"You're first mission. There was a camp of mysterious ninja hiding out of the south gate." Danzo states.